We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

what time of year is best to travel to Bhutan?

brooklyn, ny
Level Contributor
82 posts
1 review
Save Topic
what time of year is best to travel to Bhutan?

We are thinking ahead and wondering about the pros and cons of traveling to Bhutan in spring versus fall.

One article said that fall is better because visibility is better that time of year. Of course, there are the flowers in spring...

Any advice?

Amsterdam, Holland
Destination Expert
for Bhutan
Level Contributor
2,667 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: what time of year is best to travel to Bhutan?

My favorite time is autumn- the days are clearer, and the fall colours very beautiful. Also many festivals.But..high season, and it might be difficult to get seats on the flights. The days are shorter,it got light at about 0530-0600 and dark near 1730.

Spring has longer days, great flowers of the Rhododendrons but visability is less and more rain, at least that's what I got in my three spring trips(two to Bhutan, and one to Singalila ridge, on the border of Nepal and India).

Bunbury, Western...
Level Contributor
602 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: what time of year is best to travel to Bhutan?

We were there in early October this year and it was quite perfect.

Thimphu, Bhutan
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: what time of year is best to travel to Bhutan?

Autumn and the Spring is the best time.

Paro, Bhutan
Level Contributor
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: what time of year is best to travel to Bhutan?

Hi,

Would recommend fall season best time to visit Bhutan with blue sky and lots of festivity taking place during this time.

thanks.

5. Re: what time of year is best to travel to Bhutan?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 May 2013, 11:49
Bhutan
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: what time of year is best to travel to Bhutan?

In Spring you will see the Blossom of the Rohodendron if you visit by the month of mid -April and in Autumn the weather used to be clear and now even in October we had light showers and cloudy. I will not really suggest you looking on the weather condition, but if you are nature lover visit in spring.

Thanks.

Napa, California
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: what time of year is best to travel to Bhutan?

yes, when is the best time to go?

we would like to travel bhutan also.

Florida
Level Contributor
150 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: what time of year is best to travel to Bhutan?

Hi there,

My husband and i are planning a trip to Bhutan and saw your post regarding time of year. I don't know if it's too late to plan for an Oct. 2012 vacation (I just received this trip as a birthday gift, no time set yet).

Could I please ask which company you used to plan your travel? How long were you there? Did you do the hike up to Taktsang Monastery? I hear that it's a very tough slog but you can take horses/mules (?) halfway up.

Would be most appreciative of any information you can send my way. Thank you in advance for your time.

Kathmandu, Nepal
12 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: what time of year is best to travel to Bhutan?

October is high tourist season in Bhutan. If you already purchased ticket to Bhutan, you can book a tour now too. You are advised to book tour as soon as possible as agent need to book hotels in advance. PM me if you need any assistant !

kazakhstan
Level Contributor
18 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: what time of year is best to travel to Bhutan?

Hi,

I also want to travel to Bhutan. Which tour operator is the best choice?