We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tour operator in Katmandu

London, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
Tour operator in Katmandu

Hi, I plan to trek to Everest base camp in October and am looking to add on a trip to Bhutan for 8 days departing Katmandu. Can anyone recommend a good tour for Bhutan operator based in Katmandu? Thanks

Amsterdam, Holland
Destination Expert
for Bhutan
Level Contributor
2,756 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tour operator in Katmandu

As any operator outside Bhutan has to deal with a local agent, it is better to contact a local Bhutanese agent directly. In the trip reports there are many names of agents you can contact by mail ,and plan your own tour.The agent can also make the arrangements for your flight from KTM to Paro.This way you can save money as the middle man would want his share. It is really not so difficult: plan your Nepal trip till KTM, and have your flights ready with the Bhutanese agent. Then plan your international flight back home either from KTM or from Delhi.

London, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tour operator in Katmandu

Hi BhutanTraveller, I agree with your viewpoint - however I have contacted 2 operators in Bhutan andthey are both not able to get me the flights from Katmandu for 14-21 October. I emailed an operator in Katmandu who had good reviews for Nepal, and he is able to get me the flights from Katmandu. So I figure that tour operators in Katmandu either have prefential bookings for flights departing Katmandu, or they pre-book seats on flights. Which operator did you use and were you pleased with them?

adelaide
Level Contributor
1,670 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tour operator in Katmandu

something doesn't make sense

if 2 Bhutan based agents say they can't get a seat there is no special way 1 Nepal based agent can get a seat

flights certainly fill up in peak seasons

most people would have had things arranged long before now fo travelling when you are

contact the Bhutan agents again and ask to check for flights over a couple of days

have you checked the Druk website

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
723 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tour operator in Katmandu

Meconopsisgardner is right. I just checked on Drukair's website, the dates you mentioned are fully booked.

I don't think the Nepal agent will have any way to book your airticket.

The popular Jambay Lhakang festival in Bumthang is from 18 oct to 21 oct. So it is not surprise airtickets are fully sold out around this period.

Amsterdam, Holland
Destination Expert
for Bhutan
Level Contributor
2,756 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tour operator in Katmandu

Sometimes there are seats reserved for the KTM-Paro section only, but a Bhutanese agent should be able to book this. It can also happen that flights are full, but Drukair will add another plane, this is usually known only shortly before the actual flight.

For recommendations look at the trip reports. Naming an agent is considered advertising and will cause removal of the post.

France
Destination Expert
for Nepal, Tibet, Bhutan, Bhaktapur, Kathmandu, Jomsom, Mustang Region, Namche Bazaar, Sagarmatha National Park, Annapurna Region
Level Contributor
3,432 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tour operator in Katmandu

Hello globetrotter_crazy,

Welcome to TripAdvisor forum for Bhutan!

I traveled Bhutan few times with an agent in Kathmandu. They arrange everything for me and I also think that they subcontracted with another agent in Bhutan. In case you would like to know about them then you can simply send me a message.

Good Luck!

7. Re: Tour operator in Katmandu

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 14 August 2013, 15:52
Edited: 14 August 2013, 15:52
London, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tour operator in Katmandu

Hi Rhythm D, thank you very much for your post. I have just sent you a message

France
Destination Expert
for Nepal, Tibet, Bhutan, Bhaktapur, Kathmandu, Jomsom, Mustang Region, Namche Bazaar, Sagarmatha National Park, Annapurna Region
Level Contributor
3,432 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tour operator in Katmandu

Hello again globetrotter_crazy,

You're always welcome and have a great trip in Bhutan! Wishes for you!

Good Luck!

10. Re: Tour operator in Katmandu

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 August 2014, 06:23