We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wonderful 10 days Bhutan trip with Druk Lhaksam Tours

Calcutta, West...
Level Contributor
12 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Wonderful 10 days Bhutan trip with Druk Lhaksam Tours

Recently did a 10 days cultural and photographic trip to western and central Bhutan. Booked though Druk Lhaksam Tours and Trek, a local travel agency based at Thimphu. The driver and the guide provided by them were very friendly and knowledgable persons. The rate is also very reasonable. I went to the villages and thanks to my guide who helped me communicate with the local people there. I was welcomed at all the houses we approached and I had wonderful experience there.

I highly recommend "Druk Lhaksam Tours and Trek" for their professionalism in managing tour logistics and friendly attitude. I would always book through them for all my future trips to Bhutan.

Druk Lhaksam Tours and Travel can be contacted at druklhaksamtours@gmail.com.

Sydney, Australia
5 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Wonderful 10 days Bhutan trip with Druk Lhaksam Tours

I noted that your address is Calcatta.

How did you get to Bhutan from Calcatta

Calcutta, West...
Level Contributor
12 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wonderful 10 days Bhutan trip with Druk Lhaksam Tours

Took Kanchenkanya Exp from Sealdah to Hasimara. From there a cab (Rs. 300) to Jaigaon border. Crossed over to Phuntsholing. And my driver Mr. Lal from Druk Lhaksam Tours received me and took me to Thimphu. Any other info you want to know about how I reached Bhutan...

BTW, I hope you are not trying to verify my authenticity? Check Bhutan photos from my trip at anjanchanda.photoshelter.com.

Do "Like" the gallery if you find the photos intrresting...I'll much appreciate that.

Cheers..

Sydney, Australia
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Wonderful 10 days Bhutan trip with Druk Lhaksam Tours

Hi AnjanC

Thank you for your reply.

I am planning a trip to Bhutan in March 2014.

Still tossing up whether to go via Kolkata.

Now I know there is another way to reach Bhutan other than by air.

Is there much to see in Hasimara and how long is the train journey.

BTW how do I get to see your photos on photoshelter site?

Regards

Mike

Calcutta, West...
Level Contributor
12 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wonderful 10 days Bhutan trip with Druk Lhaksam Tours

Hi Mike,

You may decide to go via Kolkata. There are direct flights from Kolkata to Paro. Alternatively catch a night train (Kanchenkanya Exp) from Kolkata for overnight journey to Hasimara, which is 25 Kms from Jaigaon. The train departs at 7:15 pm from Sealdah and arrives Hasimara the following morning around 10:30am. From Hasimara take a shared/exclusive cab to Jaigaon (the border district on the Indian side) and cross over border to Phuntsholing, Bhutan.

There is nothing much to see at Hasimara, Jaigaon or Phuntsholing. However, your immigration process may take some time and after the previous night's train journey, you may decide to take a day's rest at Phuntsholing. There are decent hotels at Phuntsholing and some shops too.

From Phuntsoling, it takes around 5~6 hours to reach Thimphu.

Best of luck for your Bhutan trip.

Check out the "Bhutan" photo gallery in my photoshelter website anjanchanda.photoshelter.com. I will PM you the direct link to it.

Best,

Anjan

Thimphu, Bhutan
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Wonderful 10 days Bhutan trip with Druk Lhaksam Tours

Hi Mike

For Indian citizen is easy and cheap way of getting in to Bhutan by road as they don't require visa to enter Bhutan. but other than Indian citizen i recommend by air. it will be more convenient . You can enter via Kathmandu, Bangkok, Delhi, Mumbai, Dhaka, kolkata and Singapore.

Sydney, Australia
5 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Wonderful 10 days Bhutan trip with Druk Lhaksam Tours

Hi Anjan

Thanks for your detailed and informative reply.

I have taken the night express from Kolkata to Varansi.

But after some research and as there is not much to see or do in Hashi,

I have decided to fly into Paro, probably from Bangkok.

I still cannot get into your site at photoshelter.

Please advise. I am keen to view your photos.

MW

Sydney, Australia
5 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Wonderful 10 days Bhutan trip with Druk Lhaksam Tours

Hi Dawa,

Thank you for your advice.

I think I will start my trip to Bhutan from Bangkok.

MW

adelaide
Level Contributor
1,670 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Wonderful 10 days Bhutan trip with Druk Lhaksam Tours

that photoshelter site does open but seems to take a while or double click or something

Perth Australia
Level Contributor
13 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Wonderful 10 days Bhutan trip with Druk Lhaksam Tours

Anjan, I am enjoying looking at your photos of Bhutan. You have some unique takes.

I really like the close ups of the archers, the low - light shots of the monks and the rainbow you captured over the mountain.

Edited: 07 November 2013, 08:20
Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
90 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Wonderful 10 days Bhutan trip with Druk Lhaksam Tours

Hi Anjan..

The travel company you mentioned isn't seen in those recommended by the bhutan government on their website..