Just wanted to add to this forum, to share so as to help people avoid the waste of money & horrors experienced.
I unfortunately used this company in 2013 for a once in a lifetime trip to Bhutan which was nightmare from arrival to departure.
- no guide allocation ( First 2 days was spent with the office junior who knew nothing about any places we visited, as no guides available)
- Additional / duplicate hotel fees ( found had to pay hotels directly even though had paid to Nirvana for whole trip)
- changes to itinerary with no prior discussion ( paid to do a 3 day trek, got to area and was told no trekking and nothing to do in area! so sat in car for another 8 hours to go back to where we started from)
- Hotel rooms as per issued Itinerary not booked ( solution - had to share a room with opposite sex traveller for the night to stay in that hotel) & other occasions had to go to other different quality accommodation.
- departure flights not confirmed , after asking 3 times & being assured was all done and only discovered when checking in at airport, guide had left me at airport door & could not assist when called ( almost was stranded - thank you DrukAir for somehow getting me on that flight)
And still had to pay the huge $100 PER DAY "expected" tips for driver and guide, another $1000 cost.
Have traveled a lot in life, & have to say this was worst trip ever made.
Made complaints to company - both in country & when returned, no response ever received and even to Bhutanese tourist authority ( no response either)
Bhutan is a lovely country but very expensive, ( 5 star prices for 2 star quality) so you need to ensure that you choose wisely to avoid an experience like this.Edited: 12 December 2013, 01:17