We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Planning to go to Bhutan at May, 2014, need advice!!

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
1 post
Save Topic
Planning to go to Bhutan at May, 2014, need advice!!

Hello, I am planning to go to BHutan in the month of April, 2014 for a period of 10 days. Can anyone let me know the best possible wat via road from India to go there?

Secondly, what are the "must see" places i should try??

Will Indian Currency work in Bhutan? If so, will all shops take the currency??

I wanted to go to the Tiger's nest.. wanted to know if that would be dangerous to try??and should it have heavy trekking involved??

Thimphu, Bhutan
Level Contributor
117 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Planning to go to Bhutan at May, 2014, need advice!!

Hi Mr. Jishudas.. If you are looking to travel in April, you better look for end of the month and May. April is very crowded and hotels could be a big problem to get.You can fly to Bagdogra from any sector in India and drive to Bhutan boarder of Phuntsoling which takes around 5 hours drive...The prime places like Thimphu, Punakha, Phobjikha and Paro can be covered within 10 days tour..Tiger nest is the highlight for Bhutan tour so you can definitely give a try.Its not dangerous to climb.The simple hiking is required for 3-4 hours to top and around 1-2 hours back.Indian currency can be accepted in Bhutan.

Thimphu, Bhutan
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Planning to go to Bhutan at May, 2014, need advice!!

Hi, these are quick reference.

1. via rood there are many entry to Bhutan. The best via is from Phuntsholing (near Jaigong).

2. for 10 days you can easily visit most places: Phuntsholing, Thimphu, Punakha, Wangdiphudrang, Gangtay, Trongsa, Bumthang, Haa and Paro. These covers all beautiful place in Bhutan.

3. Indian Currency is accept in Bhutan.

4. Paro Tagtshang (Tiger Nest) is not a dangerous place to hike. In fact all tourist must visit. In an average is for 4 hours hike. The path is wide and smooth.

Nice trip!

3. Re: Planning to go to Bhutan at May, 2014, need advice!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 March 2015, 05:19