We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Requesting expert's advice on bhutan trip,thanks

Kolkata (Calcutta...
4 posts
Save Topic
Requesting expert's advice on bhutan trip,thanks

Hi all,

Me and two friends of mine are planning a trip to Bhutan from Kolkata via road during the month of june this year.On14th june we would reach njp and return to njp on 20th june 2014. Since three girls are travelling so safety would be our foremost concern. We are planning to book hotel and car rental in advance but we are planning this trip without any tour guide.Our tentative itinerary is:

Day 1(15th june) ,Reach njp then transfer to thimpu via phutseling O/N Thimpu

(If it is possible to cover in one day or else nightstay in phunsilling)itinerary

Day 2 (16th june)Thimpu sight seeing,O/N Thimpu

Day 3 (17th june)Thimpu to punakha,sight seeing,O/N Punakha

Day 4 (18th june)Punakha to paro,Tiger nest,O/N Paro

Day 5(19th june) Paro sight seeing,O/N Paro

Day 6(20th june) Paro-Phutsoling-NJP ,train in evening.

Kindly suggest if this itinerary is feasible, and suggestion on car rental services at reasonable rates and on three star and above hotels would be great.

Amsterdam, Holland
Destination Expert
for Bhutan
Level Contributor
3,056 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Requesting expert's advice on bhutan trip,thanks

Hello,

PLease ask in the India forum what the distance is and time needed for traveling from NPJ to Phuentsholing. The drive from there to Thimphu will take 5-6 hours, depending on the mode of traveling. A public bus will take longer than a private taxi.

Of course you know that June is monsoon-time, so be prepared with raingear.

On day 4 I'd do sightseeing in Paro after the drive from Punakha, and on day 5 I'd hike to Tiger Nest. That way you'll start in the morning and can take as long as you want.

Otherwise your itinary looks fine.

Have a great trip.

Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
for Sikkim, Manali, New Delhi, Darjeeling, Bihar, Katra, Udaipur, Patna
Level Contributor
14,045 posts
336 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Requesting expert's advice on bhutan trip,thanks

Hi

Your itinerary is doable infact its the most common itiniary which indian travelers use in bhutan.I also suggest you to do paro sight seeing on the day you reach paro and do tiger nest next day morning.NJP to Jaigaon/Phutdoling in 3-4 hr journey with some bad roads.Then permit process will take up to an hour.Then you can decide wether to proceed further or stay at phutsoling.Bhutan is one of the safest place to visit.

Thanx

Chicago, Illinois
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Requesting expert's advice on bhutan trip,thanks

Hello,

I am also planning a trip to Bhutan at the end of August. Will it still be monsoon season? What documents will I need? Do I need to get any immunizations or anything like that?

Thanks!

Amsterdam, Holland
Destination Expert
for Bhutan
Level Contributor
3,056 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Requesting expert's advice on bhutan trip,thanks

cdabsb,

Welcome to TA and the Bhutan forum.

You have a different question from the headline here, so please make your own thread, by asking this question. That way you'll get more answers and opinions.

Meanwhile, look at the top questions here in the right upper part of this page, to help with a start.

Kolkata (Calcutta...
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Requesting expert's advice on bhutan trip,thanks

Thank you ,we appreciate your help... we are looking for a reliable cab service at reasonable rate...it would be a great help if u can suggest any...

6. Re: Requesting expert's advice on bhutan trip,thanks

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 May 2015, 07:16