We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling to Bhutan

Kolkata (Calcutta...
5 posts
Save Topic
Travelling to Bhutan

Hi All,

Thanks for going through this post. I need details about travelling to Phuntsholing, Thimpu, Paro in October with my family. I am planning to make advance online hotel booking and permit of my own on reaching there. How hard is to get the permit done of my own? Is travelling without an agent ok? What are the charges of cabs and their availability from Phuntsholing to Thimpu, Paro? What are best but low tariffs hotels in Thimpu and Paro? Do the hotels arrange cabs at reasonable rates for site visits?

Thanks in Advance.

Amsterdam, Holland
Destination Expert
for Bhutan
Level Contributor
2,821 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelling to Bhutan

Hello,

For most of the details you'll hopefully get answers from fellow Indiians who did the arrangements themselves

i just want to warn you that October is high season and has some festivals. F.e. Thimphu : 28/9-2/10 and 3/10-5/10.

The dates and places can be found here:http://www.kingdomofbhutan.com/

And please tell how many days you plan this trip.

Good luck.

Kolkata (Calcutta...
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Travelling to Bhutan

Thanks much Bhutantraveller !

It will be around 6-7 nights stay. Planning to start around end of 3rd week.

Muzaffarpur, India
Destination Expert
for Sikkim, Manali, New Delhi
Level Contributor
12,384 posts
322 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travelling to Bhutan

Hi

Permit for paro and thimpu can be easily obtain ,within hour of applying by self in phutscholing.You need eiather passport or voter i card and passport size photographs.

Thanx

Kolkata (Calcutta...
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Travelling to Bhutan

Thanks rapat2604 !

Can anybody advice by what time I need to reach for permit till its closed for the day? I am planning my trip via Bagdogra and will reach at noon there.

Muzaffarpur, India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
12,384 posts
322 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travelling to Bhutan

As i know,permit office remains open till 5 pm,(monday to friday) if you reach till 3/4 pm you can get your permit same day.Bhutan is half an hour before India.

Muzaffarpur, India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
12,384 posts
322 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travelling to Bhutan

As i know,permit office remains open till 5 pm,(monday to friday) if you reach till 3/4 pm you can get your permit same day.Bhutan is half an hour before India.

7. Re: Travelling to Bhutan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 July 2015, 05:17