We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

5 day trip July last week

Mumbai (Bombay...
2 posts
Save Topic
5 day trip July last week

Hey we(5members) have a trip to bhutan planned up at July end.

Phuntsholing --> Thimpu --> Punakha --> Paro --> phuntsholing

i know this isn't an ideal time for a Bhutan trip with rains and all.

Can anyone give us some idea of the weather conditions in Bhutan now ?

does it rain all day long ?

will there be any problems with landslides and all ?

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
883 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 5 day trip July last week

Sorry, I cannot comment on the weather and the landslide, but I can comment a bit on your itinerary.

Day 1 : Phuntsholing to Thimphu (7 hours drive) - no sightseeing possible

Day 2 : Thimphu

Day 3 : Thimphu to Punakha (3 hours drive)

Day 4 : Punakha to Paro (4 hours drive)

Day 5 : Paro to Phuntsholing (7 hour drive) - no sightseeing possible

For your first day and last day, there is no sightseeing because the drive will take at least 7 hours. In order to visit Punakha, you need to apply special permit in Thimphu. Hence, you might waste half a day to get your permit approved.

I would suggest you to visit only Paro and Thimphu if you only have 5 days. Hiking to Tiger Nest Temple will take at least 5 hours for a complete hike.

You can look at top postings done by our TA expert on the right hand side of this forum. You will find some useful postings meant for Indians. You can write to them and ask them for their inputs.

Happy planning.

Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
for Sikkim, Manali, New Delhi, Darjeeling, Bihar, Katra, Udaipur, Patna
Level Contributor
14,034 posts
336 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 5 day trip July last week

Hi

I will also suggest to do paro and thimpu only.If planning for Punakha then keep in mind that you need another permit for that in thimpu and permit office reamain open from monday to friday.Its better to stuck to paro and thimpu to enjoy maximum of the places.

Thanx

Mumbai (Bombay...
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 5 day trip July last week

@mlguitar and @rapat2604 -- thanks for the suggestions. seems like better to stick to Thimpu and Paro.

any ideas about weather and landslides ?

4. Re: 5 day trip July last week

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2015, 01:15