We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bhutan tour Nov 14

mumbai
Level Contributor
10 posts
98 reviews
Save Topic
Bhutan tour Nov 14

i wish to go in Nov 14 from Phuntsholing to paro/thimpu/punakha/bumthang.Please provide good hotels around 2000-2500 and/or agency which proivdes car/driver/guide. I am an indian and would like to know whether I can do without a tour operator.I have 10 days for my trip.

please guide.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
821 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bhutan tour Nov 14

As an Indian, you don't have to go through a local Bhutanese agency. There are some postings done by Indians which can be found at the right hand side of this forum. You will find alot of useful information for your planning.

All Bhutanese agencies are able to provide transporation, guide and driver. The benefit of going through an agency is you don't have spend time finding hotels on your own, have to get your own road permit in Thimphu, transportation from Phuntsholing to Paro etc. However, you have to pay a bit more for such services.

If you have more time in Bhutan, you can travel on your own with any guide. To travel up to Bumthang from Phuntsholing, you need at least 12 days, minus 2 days of travelling from Phuntsholing to Paro or Paro back to Phuntsholing.

Happy Planning!!!

New Delhi, India
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Bhutan tour Nov 14

I' m a German volunteer expat currently working in Bhutan. When I tour around in Bhutan, I usually take the services of a local tour company. They set the tours well with pretty good services, worth the take. On my travels to many places around the world, I did few back-packer tours on my own. But I mostly took package tours through tour agents. To get better appreciation of places that you visit (especially first time), it is better organized through a local tour agent. Saves a lot of time and trouble. When it comes to money, expense difference is not as much and worth the take. This is just my thought and experience. Others may have different opinions. James S

3. Re: Bhutan tour Nov 14

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2014, 12:29
4. Re: Bhutan tour Nov 14

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 July 2015, 06:16