We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tour in bhoutan next october for 10 days.

Karlsruhe, Germany
Level Contributor
20 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
tour in bhoutan next october for 10 days.

Has anybody an adress of a serious tour operator? I am havingg big problems. With a company who behave like a ghost. Thank you

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
883 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: tour in bhoutan next october for 10 days.

What do you mean and what actually happen? You need a agency in your country or a local Bhutanese company?

If you need Bhutanese agency, I can recommend mine to you. Alteratively, you can look at the trips reports posted here in this fourm. They are at the right hand side of the fourm which have some good Bhutanese tour operators.

If not, you can visit the official website of Tourism Council of Bhutan for list of registered agent.

Edited: 08 August 2013, 11:26
Amsterdam, Holland
Destination Expert
for Bhutan
Level Contributor
3,050 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: tour in bhoutan next october for 10 days.

As said, you can find many recommendations in the trip reports, in the top questions in the right upper corner of our main page.

If you have a real problem with a tour operator, you should write to the ministry of tourism, so they can look into the matter.

Most local agents are very good and will do everything possible to make their client happy.

And if there is anything we as non-professionals can do for you, please tell us so.

Karlsruhe, Germany
Level Contributor
20 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: tour in bhoutan next october for 10 days.

Tks, yes pls give your tour operator in bhoutan, i need a local agency

France
Destination Expert
for Nepal, Tibet, Bhutan, Bhaktapur, Kathmandu, Jomsom, Mustang Region, Namche Bazaar, Sagarmatha National Park, Annapurna Region
Level Contributor
3,450 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: tour in bhoutan next october for 10 days.

Hello Behlerele,

You already have got two regular posters of Bhutan forum. It seems that you are having difficulties with a travel agent already. I used an agent based in Kathmandu for my Bhutan trips, you can leave me a message if you want my recommendation.

Good Luck!

Amsterdam, Holland
Destination Expert
for Bhutan
Level Contributor
3,050 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: tour in bhoutan next october for 10 days.

I've sent you a PM-private message- with the names of the two agents I used and can recommend. It is not allowed to name any on the forum, as this is considered advertising. I hope you'll have a good contact with a local agent, and you can look forward to plan your trip. Another possibility is to call them, to make any personal contact, and take it from there by mail. Just keep in mind the time difference, it is 4 hours later in Bhutan than in Germany.

6. Re: tour in bhoutan next october for 10 days.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 August 2013, 18:38
7. Re: tour in bhoutan next october for 10 days.

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 August 2013, 18:38
8. Re: tour in bhoutan next october for 10 days.

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

Removed on: 27 August 2013, 16:20
Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
25 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: tour in bhoutan next october for 10 days.

My husband and I have just returned from a wonderful 12 day trip to Bhutan this month (October 2013) with the company Bridge to Bhutan. I know what you mean about a ghost company. Some people I had contacted earlier were like that, but Bridge to Bhutan is a serious operator and they took wonderful care of us on our recent trip.

Our itinerary consisted of Paro, Phobjikha Valley, Bumthang, Trongsa, Punakha, Thimphu, Haa Valley, and back to Paro. The owners of Bridge to Bhutan are two brothers, Lotay and Fin, both born and raised in Bhutan, and both have done graduate studies in the US. They both speak perfect English, are easy to communicate with, answer e-mails within a day or two and are able to provide plenty of information and expertise in helping you plan your trip.

Our guide Sangay and our driver Nidup, were our family for the 12 days that we were in Bhutan. We were together every day, on the road, at the temples, fortresses, hiking, and so forth. Sangay was more than willing to share his knowledge of the history and rich tradition of the country and never objected to my constant questions regarding the people, lifestyle, religion, philosophy and so forth.

The local food was delicious and healthy and sustainably grown. I was a little concerned before I went because the literature made me think everything was cheese and chilies. Not so at all! That was just one side dish that was always offered, in addition to fresh beans, carrots, radishes, turnips, broccoli, potatoes, buckwheat, fruits, whatever happens to be in season at the time you are going. Also if you have any dietary restrictions or requirements you can let your guide know beforehand and at each accommodation the guide will let them know if you have certain requirements and they will go out of their way to accommodate you.

October was good for us weatherwise. There was some rain in Bhumthang, but nothing to stop to stop your activities over. Keep in mind that October is fine weatherwise but that is their busy season, so if that bothers you in any way, seeing quite a bit of other travelers there at the same time, the shoulder season can be good too. This you can discuss with Lotay or Fin in your initial conversations/e-mails with them. They can tell you what the approximate weather is expected to be in the various locations at different times of year.

As far as accomodations go, places are for the most part clean and comfortable, 3 stars I would say. My husband and I do not require fancy accomodations, but if you do there are some boutique/fancier type resorts available for a higher tariff. You can also settle on this in the planning stages. You can read up on the places that they offer on the website and see if they meet your needs.

You need to keep an open mind on the subject of plumbing as some of the bathrooms in the hotels, though quite spacious have rather basic plumbing. By that I mean-- good flush toilets, good hot water in sink/shower but more often than not you will end up with water on the floor as it is leaking from somewhere. Just remember----Bhutan is Bhutan, and you will be fine. Bhutan does a lot better job overall at conserving resources than we do any of us travelers from other countries so a few puddles on the floor is no big deal.

When traveling during the day, on the road, just let your guide know when you need to use the toilet. Keep a roll of paper in your pocket or purse and if you are comfortable with it, nature works just fine. There is always a low spot around the next bend in the road where you can duck down and "use the facilities". If you are not comfortable with this, there are some facilities along the way, but try to go the other route, so you will not be limited on days with long rides. Public toilets are okay, just that some are out in the country and could be a little dusty or so since there's no one out there cleaning them on a regular basis. You'll get the hang of it!

Bhutan was an amazing experience and our guide did an incredible job of taking care of us and ensuring that we were seeing what we came to see and learning about the things we were interested in. Each day was an amazing adventure in the breathtakingly beautiful Kingdom of Bhutan.

Please feel free to ask me any questions. We took Druk Air out of Bangkok, as we were visiting Vietnam before Bhutan.

thimphu
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: tour in bhoutan next october for 10 days.

you can always contact www.bhutanoutlanderadviser.com they do the best