We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traveling to Bangalore and Chennai

Los Angeles...
4 posts
Save Topic
Traveling to Bangalore and Chennai

Need your expertise pls.

I am traveling to India for a very short business trip.

1. Can you suggest a good hotel closer to Cunningham Road, Opposite Canara bank. Bangalore 560052?, and what are the closer places to visit (i.e. – chopping area), By the way, my stay would be just 01 day there.

2. Also while I am in Chennai (02 days) I am planning to visit Thirupati by train. Can I know a hotel closer to Alexander Square. Sardar Patel Road,Giundy Chennai 400032). And how far the Chennai central station situated from Giundy? Also what is the best shopping area (but cloths etc) in Channai?

3. Should I book my train tickets in advance, or can I do it on the same day?

Thank you very much.

Chennai (Madras...
Level Contributor
223 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Traveling to Bangalore and Chennai

Replying on Chennai portion:

Since this is your business visit, suggest you La Royal Meridian Hotel that is nearer to Alexader Square which is located more closer to Guindy. If you are looking for budget hotels you may have to search hotels around Adyar area or in T.Nagar area.

Chennai Central station is a bit far away from Guindy. It would take about 40mnts one way by taxi but depends on traffic.If you are not n a hurry you can take a bus oppsite to central station.

Best shopping area fro clothes would be Adyar, Pangal park ,Pondy Bazaar, Purusawalkam.

Yes. it is better to reserve train as this is a holiday season.

Suggest you to take a conducted tour of Tirpathi operated by both Tamilnadu tourism and andhrapradesh tourism.

Bangalore
Level Contributor
2,429 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Traveling to Bangalore and Chennai

Hotel Harsha is within walking distance of Canara Bank Cunningham Road.

3. Re: Traveling to Bangalore and Chennai

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 September 2009, 01:19