We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travelling through india in july

co. donegal
Level Contributor
334 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
travelling through india in july

my self and my girlfriend (both in mid twenties) want to travel to india in july but as with most have heard mixed reports, in an ideal world we would want

A) to get outside the tourist trap and meet real people not people paid to smile at you while they rip you off

b) not stay in up market hotels as firstly we cant afford it but mainly having travelled before i found the best experiences were had in the most unlikely of places

c) we would like to spend some of the time out away from the cities in the rural areas experiencing their culture but wonder how we will be accepted once out of thetouris circle

any help will be greatly apprieciated

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Destination Expert
for Kolkata (Calcutta), Darjeeling, India
Level Contributor
8,341 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: travelling through india in july

Hi,

Do you have any plans about of which parts of India you want to visit ?

What you have in mind is very possible and will be an unique experience, but my suggestion would be take it slowly. Do some big cities first, get yourself oriented to India to know how it works. Then you can go on to the smaller villages.

July is going to be a rainy month by the way. Come accordingly prepared. You don't need to use a tour operator. Make a plan of what cities you plan to visit, and book airfare at cleartrip.com or makemytrip.com July being off season you will find hotels at good prices almost everywhere. Train tickets you can buy yourself after you land in India.

If you have further questions, feel free to ask.

2. Re: travelling through india in july

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 September 2009, 02:20