We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

is this a good price?

reading
Level Contributor
134 posts
101 reviews
Save Topic
is this a good price?

we are looking at a 12 night tour hiring a private driver to dehli,agra,jaipur,pushkar,bikaner,jaisalmer,jodhpur and udaipur. he has very good references, but would function mainly as a driver, not as a guide. his price includes, car, driver, gas, taxes and hotels for TWO people. for 2-3 star the price is $1400 and for 3-4 star it is $1800. is this a good price or at least in the ballpark?

India
Level Contributor
106 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: is this a good price?

I gather that it will be a round trip...ie starting from Delhi to agra to Jaipur...and back to delhi. I reckon, you may stay at hotels during the evenings/nights. For such a trip, the prices seem ok. try if you can negotiate the prices for the 3-4 star hotels 'coz bargain would make it very attractive

Feral Child

India
Level Contributor
171 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: is this a good price?

It is important to know what hotels you are staying in, at these destinations. Some of the hotels may or may not meet western standards of hygiene & comfort. Some low end hotels in some of these destinations are notorious. Be sure what you are spending on. Not only that, which car you are being driven in, an ac or a non-ac? It is impossible to buy a holiday in 3-4 star category hotels for 1800 US$. The service tax alone amounts to 3.09% on the package, with transport structured at 4.95%!!

You are doing 8 far-flung destinations in just 12 nights & in my opinion, it is a very hectic schedule, involving a lot of driving.

Happy Travels!

reading
Level Contributor
134 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: is this a good price?

yes the type of vehicle is spelled out and yes it is air conditioned. we are not returning to delhi, we are flying out of udaipur to goa via bombay. this is not part of the price. i have checked about 10 references for this driver and all the folks were very happy and confirmed price was accurate or even a little more than they paid. i have found that at many locations on tripadvisor the most popular hotels are only running around $35. 12 nights would work out to $150 a night. yes we have already added another two nights to our itinerary before flying to goa.

jaipur
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: is this a good price?

it all depends when will you travel in rajasthan ?? tell me your exact dates?? rajasthan is vvv expensive oct to feb end so if u r coming in sept then vvv expensive choose your own hotel if u r coming in sept otherwise it is ok but it will be better if u just book a toyota innova @ 9 rs per km and be free to choose your own hotel as there is lot to explore if u no need to follow the driver as they will land u in a bad hotel where there is max commission be vvv carefull for every where as every place there is a commision best to go by popular hotel rateing rather then the driver

Gurugram (Gurgaon...
Level Contributor
346 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: is this a good price?

The normal price by AC Tata Indica car would be approx 580 USD and standard hotel ( 2 star ) will cost you USD 45 a night so total should be USD 580 + 540 = USD 1140 not more then this. abnd with 34 star hotels approx 1600 USD .

Also depands on which month you are travelling

reading
Level Contributor
134 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: is this a good price?

we are traveling in january into february. we have the option to book our own hotels or go with our drivers suggestions. he has provided me with two options at each location. hotel prices are $55-$75 per night. there are higher rated hotels on trip advisor however as we are going in a busy season i thought there may be a benefit in having our driver secure our hotels.

7. Re: is this a good price?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2009, 12:22