We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

India Photos

Tvw
NL
Level Contributor
48 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
India Photos

Hi all,

I have recently visited India and Nepal (I just came back last week).

Wow, what an experience. India is such a colorful and packed country, there's always something to see. Never a dull moment. Great food, beautiful people and fantastic places to visit. I totally love it and want to go back.

I would like to share my photos with you (for people who are interested in them).

Here's the link:

http://www.pbase.com/tvw

Regards,

Tim

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
5,224 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: India Photos

Your photos are just awesome! Thank you for sharing them with us I really enjoyed looking at them. I have been to a lot of those places, your photos bring it all back!

Tvw
NL
Level Contributor
48 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: India Photos

Thanks for looking. I'm glad you liked them!

Tim

Jaipur, India
Destination Expert
for Rajasthan, Jodhpur, Sawai Madhopur, Ranthambore National Park, Jaipur
Level Contributor
3,184 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: India Photos

Brilliant. Which camera & lenses do you use?

Tvw
NL
Level Contributor
48 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: India Photos

Thank you!

Camera used is the Canon 40D.

Lenses used are the Sigma 10-20, Canon 24-105 F4IS and the Canon 70-200 F4IS.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
102 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: India Photos

Hi Tim,

I just loved your photographs - especially the People of India group. When I travel I tend to focus on pictures of people - especially when in Asia. Just returned from a month in northern Thailand, and am planning my next trip to India ...

Hope you won't think this a silly question, but please share with me your procedure for taking such wonderful people shots.

Do you ask permission first?

Do you pay them after?

Do you just snap away irregardless???

I always feel a bit uncomfortable taking pictures of people who are just 'going about their business' - maybe I'm being too sensitive - also, I am afraid of insulting them by offering money ... yet in many northern Thai hill tribes they demanded money.

Your pictures are so wonderful, I'm sure you can help this beginner out!!

Thanks,

Pauline

Tvw
NL
Level Contributor
48 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: India Photos

Thank you and no problem at all.

In posed shots I of course ask permission. In street photography I don't. The key factor is that you blend in as much as possible at be friendly. Smile, be kind and if someone looks at you (not always the case) show them the photo. Showing people there own photo makes them very happy. When people ask if they can get their photo I always ask for their address, so I can send them a copy of it by mail.

Once again, smile, be open, positive and just do it. If you don't, you will regret that you didn't get the kind of photos you liked. Good luck and post the links to your photos too! :)

Tim

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
102 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: India Photos

Thanks very much for your advice Tim - appreciate it. I can't wait to experience all that India has in hold for me!

Take care,

P.

Tvw
NL
Level Contributor
48 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: India Photos

No thanks. Have a great time!

9. Re: India Photos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 August 2009, 00:16