We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggestion for Tour Companies to India

Florida
Level Contributor
50 posts
78 reviews
Save Topic
Suggestion for Tour Companies to India

Has anyone used "Go Heritage India Journeys" as their tour agent or as the company they used to book their travel in India? Any feedback on them would be helpful.

We are considering the "Palace on Wheels" and they are a agent for the sale of that service. Also, any advice on the "PW" would be helpful.

Thanks

wrmomxg

Mumbai (Bombay...
Destination Expert
for Mumbai (Bombay), New Delhi, Kochi (Cochin), Chennai (Madras), India
Level Contributor
12,319 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Suggestion for Tour Companies to India

The Palace on Wheels pretty much runs itself :) so I'm not sure it even matters who you book it with, as long as you compare prices across a few agents who sell PoW journeys.

Or are you planning a longer trip in India?

I have not seen any reviews for Go Heritage India on this forum in the last 3-4 years.

Florida
Level Contributor
50 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Suggestion for Tour Companies to India

Deepa:

Thanks for the feedback. The reason I asked about that travel agent is that the price with taxes for the PW was about $600.00 less that another . My concern was with the legitimacy of the travel agent. Although, I would pay with a credit card. Do agents for the PW have that kind of price swing? The length of the PW trip seems to be about the right time length. Do you know if the PW actually provides a tour of the Taj Mahal or just a visit to the location?

Thanks

wrmomxg

Mumbai (Bombay...
Destination Expert
for Mumbai (Bombay), New Delhi, Kochi (Cochin), Chennai (Madras), India
Level Contributor
12,319 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Suggestion for Tour Companies to India

It may not be a price swing, it may be that the agent is willing to earn a lower fee. I don't know the company, but that in itself doesn't mean anything since there are many, many outfits. Their website says "Go Heritage India Journeys is an independently owned and officially authorized travel company based in New Delhi" However I do not see logos or any information on who exactly has authorised them either in India or in any of those locations where there are international phone numbers. You could ask them for that, as well as for referral. I agree, paying by card is safer, but its better to ask for client references before you sign up.

Save Reply
4. Re: Suggestion for Tour Companies to India

We are also considering using Go Heritage India Journeys as our tour agent, particularly as their price for Palace on Wheels is less than any other tour agent. They seem genuine enough but I would really liked to have seen a reply from someone who has used them.

Save Reply
5. Re: Suggestion for Tour Companies to India

We are also interested in using Go Heritage India Journeys, mainly because they offer a good price for the POW. Is it too good to be true? Would love to hear from anyone who has used them as their tour agent.

Jaipur, India
Destination Expert
for Rajasthan, Jodhpur, Sawai Madhopur, Ranthambore National Park, Jaipur
Level Contributor
3,187 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Suggestion for Tour Companies to India

Look at the list of marketing agents & GSAs on RTDC official website - www.rtdc.in. RTDC runs the POW. I do not see Go Heritage India Journeys on the website.

POW is a great product if youre retired and looking for an easy, all-taken-care-of experience of Rajasthan.

Save Reply
7. Re: Suggestion for Tour Companies to India

Thank you very much for your helpful reply. We will look at the website you recommend. We are both retired and thought using the train would be an ideal way of visiting so many places in Rajasthan.

Florida
Level Contributor
50 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Suggestion for Tour Companies to India

Lass From Yorks:

Let me know what you find out. The company continues to call me but I have not made a decision.

Thanks

WRMOMXG

Save Reply
9. Re: Suggestion for Tour Companies to India

I have looked at several websites, and apart from one favourable comment, which could possibly have been written by the company, can find no recommendation either 'official' or from other travellers. It is a pity as they seem genuine enough, with a good price for an interesting, detailed itinerary, but we are wary of booking such an expensive tour without some recommendation or safeguard from a recognised organisation .

Jaipur, India
Destination Expert
for Rajasthan, Jodhpur, Sawai Madhopur, Ranthambore National Park, Jaipur
Level Contributor
3,187 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Suggestion for Tour Companies to India

You should just book with one of the GSAs in your area. The higher volume GSAs get around 20% commission from RTDC and most part around 10% from the commission they receive from RTDC to the clients. If you can get more from them, you're a champ!!