We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is this a good Itinerary? Two weeks...

Seattle
Level Contributor
573 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Is this a good Itinerary? Two weeks...

So I'm planning to go to India in June or July. I might try and postpone the trip until the fall if it's a better time to attend weather wise. Anyway, I would plan on flying into Dehli and travel by train to Jaipur and Agra just for a day trip. I also would love to see Veranasi but it looks pretty far from Dehli or Mumbai.

So maybe take a flight to Veranasi for a couple days and then take another flight to Mumbai. From there I'd like to either see Goa or Kerala for the remainder of the trip.

Is this too much to try and do? I don't mind taking a couple domestic flights within India to save time if the flight costs are reasonable. What is the best time of year to see these destinations? Any other general help is much appreciated. Thanks!

Mumbai (Bombay...
Destination Expert
for Mumbai (Bombay), New Delhi, Kochi (Cochin), Chennai (Madras), India
Level Contributor
12,309 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is this a good Itinerary? Two weeks...

Here's one possible logical sequence:

1. Arrive Delhi

2. Delhi sightseeing

3. Delhi to Jaipur road or train, sightseeing

4. Jaipur sightseeing

5. Jaipur to Agra via Fatehpur Sikri (road)

6. Agra sightseeing, overnight train to Varanasi

7. Varanasi sightseeing

8. Varanasi sightseeing, flight to Mumbai

9. Mumbai sightseeing

10. Mumbai to Goa flight or train, Goa

11. Goa at leisure

12. Goa

13. Goa, fly to Delhi

14. Delhi sightseeing and fly out

Edited: 26 December 2010, 18:02
Seattle
Level Contributor
573 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Is this a good Itinerary? Two weeks...

Thank you so much for your help and I appreciate your insight. If you don't mind answering, what parts of that itinerary are the most challenging as far as how to get there. How long of a train ride is it from Mumbai to Goa. How long is the train ride from Dehli to Jaipur?

Any thoughts on the best most comfortable way to travel by train in India? Thanks!

3. Re: Is this a good Itinerary? Two weeks...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2012, 23:16