We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Golden triangle and Ranthambhore

Buckden, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
Golden triangle and Ranthambhore

We have travelled all other continents independently, but feel we need to have some assistance to tour the GT & Ranthambhore before heading off independently possibly to Goa - though we can only go in late July & August. Disappointed to read that the ocean is very rough as had hoped to dive. Can anyone recommend a good value company for the tour that will factor there are 4 of us in our 2 adults 2 teenage family - happy to share a room & do home stay in places if better value.

Edited: 20 March 2011, 22:32
Mentioned in this post
Goa
Goa
India
Jodhpur Trip
Sightseeing Tours, Eco Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, City Tours, Cultural Tours
Jodhpur Taxi Service
Sightseeing Tours, Cultural Tours, Day Trips, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours
Jodhpur Traveling
Sightseeing Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours
Udaipur, India
Level Contributor
8 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Golden triangle and Ranthambhore

wat actually u lookingfor wat dates

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Golden triangle and Ranthambhore

Hi

July/August you can visit Golden Triangle and Goa, however Ranthambhore National Park will remain closed from July to September every year.

Best regards

Mentioned in this post
Goa
Goa
India
Hotel Ranthambhore National Resort
Hotel Ranthambhore...
316 Reviews
Sawai Madhopur, India
New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Golden triangle and Ranthambhore

Hi

July/August you can visit Golden Triangle and Goa, however Ranthambhore National Park will remain closed from July to September every year.

Best regards

Mentioned in this post
Goa
Goa
India
Hotel Ranthambhore...
316 Reviews
Sawai Madhopur, India
New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
1,131 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Golden triangle and Ranthambhore

Hiring a tour company to manage everything for you could turn out to be expensive. You can DIY easily by investing some time in planning. Some tips:

a. Hire a car for Golden Triangle. The drivers are can take you to the places you want but won't be able to give you much information. Do a search and you'll get plenty of options for Car hire.

b. Look at the review of hotels in each city. There are quite a few home stay/BnB in Delhi listed on TripAdvisor.

c.Either pre-book a guide or hire a guide on the spot at the monuments. First option makes more sense if you want someone to be with you for whole day.

d. For airport transfer you can use radio taxi. Visit www.merucabs.com and www.megacabs.com.

By taking a bit of pain you can save a lot of money and will have first hand experience of India. Trust me, it's absolutely safe to go on your own.

Do not hesitate to drop a question if you have any.

Vivek

Mentioned in this post
OYO 10750 Hotel Vivek
OYO 10750 Hotel Vivek
356 Reviews
New Delhi, India
India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
39,159 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Golden triangle and Ranthambhore

Ranthambhore National Park will be closed in July/August.

For Delhi - Agra - Jaipur, you may hire a cab from Delhi, I use to take the service of Pradeep Chopra / 09868210740. The driver he provides is extremely competent in this circuit.

Edited: 23 March 2011, 08:34
Mentioned in this post
Agra
Agra
Agra District, India
Hotel Ranthambhore...
316 Reviews
Sawai Madhopur, India
Santa Monica...
Level Contributor
72 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Golden triangle and Ranthambhore

I found that having all my transportation set up before I arrived to be a real time-saver (and stress-reducer). Especially when you find all the signs around you written in sanskrit! Relative to other countries, it's not too expensive to use a tour company in India. I just returned (on Sunday) from a budget 14-day trip around Rajasthan, Agra & Varanasi and I used TGS Tours for all of my travel arrangements. It was nice to step off a train and have a driver waiting at the station. It saved a lot of time and headache. It's also nice to know that if something goes wrong, you have a local person to call for help. I highly recommend TGS.

Mentioned in this post
Agra
Agra
Agra District, India
Varanasi
Varanasi
Varanasi District, India
Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
719 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Golden triangle and Ranthambhore

Hi Addicted2Travel

It is very sad that Ranthambore will be closed and Goa too rainy when you want to come. If you are willing to forgo these places, you can still plan a tour to India you could consider-

1 - Best would be Ladakh as July/August is the right time to go there

2 - Rajasthan as the monsoon is light and weather quite bearable - think of a round trip covering Delhi-Agra-Jaipur-Shekhawati-Bikaner-Jaisalmer-Jodhour-Ranakpur-Udaipur-Bundi, depending on the day you have. The hotel prices are not as high as during the season so you would get better value for money too.

Have a great trip!

- Manjari

Mentioned in this post
Ranthambore National Park
Ranthambore National Park
Sawai Madhopur District, India
Goa
Goa
India
Ladakh
Ladakh
Jammu and Kashmir, India
Agra
Agra
Agra District, India
Jaipur
Jaipur
Jaipur District, India
Bikaner
Bikaner
Bikaner District, India
Jaisalmer
Jaisalmer
Jaisalmer District, India
Ranakpur
Ranakpur
Pali District, India
Udaipur
Udaipur
Udaipur District, India
Bundi
Bundi
Bundi District, India
Hotel Shekhawati
Hotel Shekhawati
376 Reviews
Mandawa, India
Buckden, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Golden triangle and Ranthambhore

Thank you Vivek and other posters. I've always done my own planning in Africa, South America, USA, Australia, Japan and other far east countries - was more wary about India - (not sure why) but you have convinced me to give it a go!

Edited: 25 March 2011, 18:41
Mentioned in this post
OYO 10750 Hotel Vivek
OYO 10750 Hotel Vivek
356 Reviews
New Delhi, India
9. Re: Golden triangle and Ranthambhore

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2012, 06:18