We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thomas cook india - europe tour review

Edison, New Jersey
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Thomas cook india - europe tour review

We took this tour in June 2010.

I am an NRI settled in America and was booked via Thomas cook NRI sales channel based in bombay.The saleman(s) were thomas cook employee(s).Their names were Raghuvenda Kumar/Dhuna Azim.

The tour was ok,too many miles in too little time.Its kind of a whirlwind tour...peeping out of the windows of a moving motor coach.

Accommodation is comparable to days inn here.

However if you plan to book the tour one thing you shall NOT do is buy it via their NRI sales channel.Forewarned is forearmed!!!

If you did you will get ripped.

They essentially are offering the same product that they sale to Resident indians in india...at inflated prices.The saleman will tell you anything to make a sale...they told me that it is an NRI exclusive and has nothing to do with regular tours that they operate for people in India.NOT TRUE.We were the only family from US rest all were flown from Delhi in the trip.

For essentially the same product we paid around 1800 USD/PP (EXCLUDING airfare and visa fees) compared to 100,000 INR/PP (which included To and Fro airfare from delhi plus visa processing charges for schengen and UK) the other tour companions paid in India.

So my advice,use your local agent in india and he shall be able to get you a great price.If not look for thomas cook gold circle partners..in india...or worse case,call their mumbai office and talk to a thomas cook LOCAL saleman who operates in that local India region.Last resort call their NRI line and talk to any of the NRI salesman.

Hope this helps.

Their NRI hotline I used is 1-866 977 8687

NRI Sales- Leisure Travel

Thomas Cook (India) Ltd.

For payment I was told to mail a check to NYC office:

Travel Corporation (India) ltd,

358 Fifth ave, suite 1201

New York NY 10001.

68 replies to this topic
Visakhapatnam
Level Contributor
362 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thomas cook india - europe tour review

The euro tour packages offered by agencies are mostly on road through a motor coach. As rightly mentioned, you spend the best part of time in your bus only, with less time at the attractions. Though its not entirely the fault of the tour operators. We want to go to every popular place in Europe in a short span of 10-14 days and travel operators just take advantage of us.

I feel the real way to spend in Europe is to choose a country or two at the maximum and do it leisurely. Trains are the best way to travel in Europe rather than a motor coach. You can make use of various train passes available.

We should do our research first, decide which places to go and pace the tour at a speed at which your family could do it comfortably, rather than going for a pre-defined package of a tour operator. Then we should ask the tour operator to customise the tour for us, even though it may involve paying a little more.

I also wish to had that Thomas Cook is a wonderful agency we had a great time in Singapore tour booked through them.

Edison, New Jersey
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thomas cook india - europe tour review

Would you share more info on the singapore tour and how much did u pay per person and what did it include....airfare,visa..plus any optional..?

As I said the tour was ok....though I will not do it again...as most time was just spent in the motor coach....and worse part was the questionable....sales tactic....

Edited: 25 March 2011, 13:23
Visakhapatnam
Level Contributor
362 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thomas cook india - europe tour review

We booked our Singapore tour with Thomas Cook, Visakhapatnam in the month of March 2009 for my wife and myself.

We paid Rs 53,000/- per person for the following inclusions

- VISA fees

- Return airfare ex Chennai on Jet Airways and all airport fees

- 3* hotel (Albert Court Village hotel) for 7 nights, incl. of buffet breakfast

- Transfers from Airport to hotel on first day and hotel to airport on last day

- Transfers to and from hotel and attractions (Night safary, Sentosa Island, Jurong Bird Sanctuary, Singapore tour).

- Complimentary tickets to Toy Museum and one day Duck & Hippo pass

- We did the Singapore flyer and few other attractions ourself

- All transfers were in a small van like vehicle, shared by four more people

Mumbai (Bombay...
Destination Expert
for Mumbai (Bombay), New Delhi, Kochi (Cochin), Chennai (Madras), India
Level Contributor
12,094 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thomas cook india - europe tour review

Dear europetour -

Frankly, this is very confusing. You seem to have paid Travel Corporation India (TCI) for a tour which you say is a Thomas Cook tour. How is this possible? These are two different companies.

Is one company acting as agent for the other? If so, naturally the price will be different as the second party also needs to cover margin, taxes, etc.

Deepa

Visakhapatnam
Level Contributor
362 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thomas cook india - europe tour review

@europetour - I forgot to mention that travel insurance was also included in the above package

Edison, New Jersey
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Thomas cook india - europe tour review

There is nothing to be confused about.....there are no third parties or middle men involved here....since the payment was made on a US drawn bank in USD,they direct you to send it to either thomas cook in india or their NY office.They prefer NY office because its quicker for them to encash the check.

ALL IN ALL AVOID their NRI sales...or you will repent later when you will meet your fellow tour companions in the coach and when they will tell you that you paid too much.

Jacksonville...
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Thomas cook india - europe tour review

How can you buy Thomas Cook Europe tour in INR if you are US citizen living in US? I think, Indian Office of Thomas Cook does not allow the booking for non-indian citizens. Any ideas?

Canberra, Australia
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Thomas cook india - europe tour review

If Thomas Cook India learns you are an NRI.. they will rip you off one way or the other.. they will keep on coming with one or the other excuses. I am going to try some other company next time

Edison, New Jersey
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Thomas cook india - europe tour review

If you are an NRI you can book via a local travel agent in india..dont call thomas cook india offices for booking as the agent there are employees of thomas cook..they will play the game and not let you book...

Edited: 03 June 2011, 00:39
Edison, New Jersey
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Thomas cook india - europe tour review

share your experience please...will help others...I didnt find any review and got burnt..thats why I wrote this review...

Edited: 03 June 2011, 00:41
Reply to: Thomas cook india - europe tour review
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted