We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

currency help please

England
Level Contributor
62 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
currency help please

going to Bangalore for the first time in a few days, do i take a bank card to use at ATM or travellers cheques. sorry but i'm a little confused about the money situation

Lincoln, United...
Destination Expert
for Lincoln
Level Contributor
1,624 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: currency help please

ATMs work fine, although tell your bank in advance that you are going to India, which may or may not help stop them blocking your card at the first sight of use in India. Therefore make sure you have contact details for your bank in case this happens.

Also you will find National Bank ATMs work, but for my cards, the State Bank ATMs are a bit hit and miss.

Agra
Destination Expert
for Agra
Level Contributor
5,218 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: currency help please

Hi,

There are lot of ATM teller machines for instant cash .No need to carry cash.

England
Level Contributor
62 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: currency help please

Thanks so much.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,496 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: currency help please

Yes, no problem with finding ATM's

5. Re: currency help please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2012, 07:17