We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 wks India-1 week Rajasthan & 1 week Kerala

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
996 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
2 wks India-1 week Rajasthan & 1 week Kerala

How do-able is this?

My wife and I have 2 weeks in India in Nov 2012, never been there before.

Had in mind doing 1 week in Rajasthan and 1 week in Kerala .

Delhi-Agra-Jaipur-Udaipur-Mumbai-Kochi-Munnar

Or something similar.not sure best/quickest route back to Delhi for return flight

Suggestions appreciated...

not to set on exact Kerala places, but for sure Jaipur and Udaipur...and I guess Taj has to be included.

We're not to concerned with history, generally going for experience and photo's of madness of India, maybe some fun festivals

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
1,923 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 wks India-1 week Rajasthan & 1 week Kerala

Hi Jude-trang,

November is great time to visit India. Finishing Rajasthan in a week is not like doing justice to it. Same is the case with Kerala. So I suggest, you may do Rajasthan first and in the next trip go to Kerala.

You can arrive in New Delhi

First day keep spare for jet lag issues.

2 more nights and 2 days in Delhi site seeing

Move to Agra by train or taxi - overnight at Agra (4th night)

Agra to Jaipur - 2 nights (5th and 6th night)

Jaipur to Jaisalmer (7th and 8th night)

Jaisalmer to Jodhpur (2 nights and 3days 9th and 10th night)

Jodhpur to Udaipur (2 nights - 11th and 12th night)

Udaipur to Mumbai by air. (2 nights in Mumbai 13th and 14th night)

Back home

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
996 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 wks India-1 week Rajasthan & 1 week Kerala

Thanks sanjivmulye,

I figured that would be the suggestion, and a good one it is.

My only concern is that Rajasthan is going to be too chaotic for 2 weeks, I don't mind chaos but 2 weeks might be a bit long.is there somewhere in Rajasthan that would be calm and quiet,probably udaipur best for that?I thought the seaside life would mellow me out a little after being on my guard and looking over my shoulder every corner,maybe I'm over dramatizing what it is going to be like in my mind.

You think Varanasi could be fitted in,maybe end trip with that?

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
1,923 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 wks India-1 week Rajasthan & 1 week Kerala

Hi Jude-trang,

I can understand your love for sea-side since you are from Hawaii, But sea beaches are not new to you. But Kerala has back water that is definitely a new thing to you. But you have to give 2 weeks to Kerala alone.

In Rajasthan, you can spend 2 weeks happily in a relaxed manner. Udaipur is such a place. or I will say the entire Rajasthan is a relaxed sort of place. No hub hub of city, no running around with speed etc. Even Jaisalmer is like that. You can spend a day or two at Kumbhalgadh which is in a remote area in hills. A day trek in a jungle there would refresh you like anything.

Yes you can include Varanasi and Khajuraho for its unique experience and a charm of different kind. You wil get ample info about it on this forum and also on net.

So take your pick and have wonderful holidays.

Sanjiv

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
996 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2 wks India-1 week Rajasthan & 1 week Kerala

Actually, it turns out I'll have 20 days to divide up between Rajasthan and Kerala.

Not only would I like to see seaside life, but the hill stations and backwaters appeal to me just as much.

Udaipur, yes I do want to stay here for at least 3 days...

I'm torn now, I don't know if I should divide my time between Rajasthan and Kerala or Rajasthan and Nepal.Since I now have 20 days, I think either is possible, right?

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
1,923 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 2 wks India-1 week Rajasthan & 1 week Kerala

You may opt for 10 days Rajasthan and 10 days Kerala

10 days are better than 1 week.

You can at least get flavour of the places.

Enjoy.

Sanjiv

6. Re: 2 wks India-1 week Rajasthan & 1 week Kerala

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 May 2013, 10:23