We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Unable to book a ticket on IRCTC

Nuremberg, Germany
Level Contributor
284 posts
83 reviews
Save Topic
Unable to book a ticket on IRCTC

While booking the following train (a seat in CC) on IRCTC website for 30th March, I get error message as *The Dates given were outside ARP*.

11109 JHS LKO INT EXP

What does this mean and what can I do?

agra india
Destination Expert
for Agra, Jaipur, New Delhi
Level Contributor
7,635 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Unable to book a ticket on IRCTC

There are few trains which you can book only one month in advance. May be that is one of those trains. You put a date within one month and you will get availability. Try again on 1-2nd March.

deepak

New Delhi, Delhi...
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Unable to book a ticket on IRCTC

Hi,

For <a href=http://www.customercarenumber.net.in/railways/irctc-customer-care-number/>IRCTC</a> update and IRCTC customer care number visit:

customercarenumber.net.in/railways/…

Edited: 19 March 2012, 08:12
New Delhi, Delhi...
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Unable to book a ticket on IRCTC

Hi,

For IRCTC update and IRCTC customer care number visit:

customercarenumber.net.in/railways/…

Edited: 19 March 2012, 08:12
Saharanpur, India
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Unable to book a ticket on IRCTC

hi

you can check the http://www.irctcrailway.in for booking details and demo also for pnr enquiry.

Secaucus, New...
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Unable to book a ticket on IRCTC

The Indian Railways reservation system has price and availability categories (or ARP) under which you book a ticket and each category has an associated time window, for example Tatkal ARP allows you to book a ticket within the next 48 hours at a higher price point than the General category but is a separate block of tickets. "The Dates given were outside ARP" is Indian Railways user friendly way of telling you that the date of travel you chose doesn't qualify under the category you are choosing to book your ticket under. Change your booking category if that is an option, I can understand your pain, took me two hours to get a reservation through this site using an international credit card, but hope this helps some.

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Unable to book a ticket on IRCTC

Yes same problem for me also.It takes long time to open a page.I am using

www.irctc.co.in site.

Mumbai
Level Contributor
4 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Unable to book a ticket on IRCTC

IRCTC always has problems like Unable to process, login problem & Transetion problem.

Bhubaneswar...
4 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Unable to book a ticket on IRCTC

money is deducted from my account..but at that moment the session has expired, so that i did not get the ticket...or any type of information..about that...when i checked my sbi account it has been mentioned that...0721170241IGK1814806 TRANSFER TO 30338421988 SBI I.R.C.T.C. COLLECT..so please suggest what will i do..to get my ticket..please help

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Unable to book a ticket on IRCTC

Hi there,

I am booking a ticket from mumbai (Bandra Terminus) to Ajmer for 8th December or a day prior, but when icheck availaibility on cleartrip, it says IRCTC service not available. Could you tell me what does that mean?

Will i need to check just a month before date of departure?

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Unable to book a ticket on IRCTC

It says (8:00 AM to 12 noon IST)