We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Golden Triangle tour + Rathmbore, or + Udaipur and Jodhpur?

new york
Level Contributor
152 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Golden Triangle tour + Rathmbore, or + Udaipur and Jodhpur?

I have seven days to tour North India.Within this time frame should I visit Rathambore or Udaipor and Johdpur, in addition to the Golden Triangle? I can fly into Udaipur or Jaipur to start and end in Delhi.

My first insinct is to add the cities but I'm concerned the ground transport will be too exhausting especially after a long international flight and quick overnight in Mumbai.

This is my first trip to India so I want to make the most of it.

I'll be spending a second week in Kerala and the itinerary will be much more relaxed!

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Aberdeen, UK
Level Contributor
256 posts
246 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Golden Triangle tour + Rathmbore, or + Udaipur and Jodhpur?

What did you decide?

I have same dilemma

Agra
Destination Expert
for Agra
Level Contributor
5,078 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Golden Triangle tour + Rathmbore, or + Udaipur and Jodhpur?

After Mumbai fly in Delhi..start the trip from Delhi.

With Delhi>Agra>Jaipur u can think of Udaipur .....In this span of time this can be covered easily.Golden Triangle can be covered by one a car and driver easily as you have limited time...u can fly to Udaipur from Jaipur.

Rashid

new york
Level Contributor
152 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Golden Triangle tour + Rathmbore, or + Udaipur and Jodhpur?

I have chosen to visit Golden Triangle and Udaipur only. Not enough days to include Jodhpur too. Based on some negative comments read about Rathambore on TA I decided to pass. Also it has recently been discussed on TA that India's Supreme Court has restricted safaris within the perserves. Check TA for the latest news!

Agra
Destination Expert
for Agra
Level Contributor
5,078 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Golden Triangle tour + Rathmbore, or + Udaipur and Jodhpur?

Good thought chimneycottage.

Good Luck.

5. Re: Golden Triangle tour + Rathmbore, or + Udaipur and Jodhpur?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2013, 07:16