We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon destination in August? Please help!!!

Pune, Maharashtra...
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Honeymoon destination in August? Please help!!!

Hi All,

I'm getting married in August. I wonder what should be the best place to go for honeymoon. I'm open to all over India. Outside India isn't possible as we're neither keen nor my would-be has passport and for technical reasons it (normal or tatkaal) isn't possible anytime sooner. I've following criteria:-

1. Place should be moderately cold.

2. Place should be easy to reach. Like Travel to the destination by air. I don't want destinations with difficult reach. I.e. travel to nearest Airport and then drive to destination for 6-8 hours. By that logic Shimla/Nainitaal is ruled out. (You need to drive 6-8 hours from Delhi Airport)

3. Don't intend to do much hopping. I plan for 7N trip. I can visit two nearby places with break-up of 4N + 3N or 5N + 2N. Don't want to do 2N+1N+2N+1N+1N.

Please suggest.

How is Goa in month of August in terms of weather/happening?

Please advise.

Subhajit Kundu.

Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for Mumbai, New Delhi, Kochi (Cochin), Chennai (Madras), India
Level Contributor
12,723 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon destination in August? Please help!!!

Dear Subhajit -

Since it is a honeymoon I don't see the problem with going to Goa in the rains, it is quite romantic. Easy to reach from Pune also.

If you want a place without rain, then you can try Mahabalipuram, if your budget can stretch to Taj Fisherman's Cove or the GRT Radisson there. Other places in Tamil Nadu are nearby, you can spend at least 2 days in Pondicherry relaxing. And for some sightseeing you can visit the temple town of Thanjavur.

If you want cooler weather then you can try Leh and Ladakh. Although there are no luxurious stays avaialble, it is really beautiful and there will be no rain.

Edited: 13 May 2012, 12:31
Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
1,934 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon destination in August? Please help!!!

hi Subhajit - quite a few of my friends have reported that Andamans is an extremely good idea as a honey moon destination. Snorkelling and Deep sea diving would spice up the honeymoon . Plan for a candle-light dinner at oe of the beaches if possible.

but i have no clue on how it would be in August . Deepa and Brave1 can help you on this .

Also Pune to Port Blair is approx 7 hrs by connecting flight .

Level Contributor
1,055 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon destination in August? Please help!!!

You can also think about Kerala. Monsoon will not be so hostile in second half of August.

This year Onam festival starts on 21st August. 29th August will be the Onam day.

Entire Kerala will be in the festive mood. I think Kerala is also a good option in Onam time

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
732 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Honeymoon destination in August? Please help!!!

Honeymoon trips are never ought to be a sightseeing opportunity. You should look to enjoy the moment with your spouse in a calm & serene location.

Kerala is a great suggestion as you can mix beaches with hill-station & wildlife. For beaches in Kerala, you can visit Kovalam / Alleppey. For hillstations, you can plan your stay at Munnar / Wayanad.

We recently organized a honeymoon trip for a friend with the below options:

Beach: 3 nights at Marari Villas, Marari beach (Read through the reviews on TA - http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g608471-d1724089-Reviews-Marari_Villas-Alappuzha_Kerala.html)

Hillstation: 2 nights at The Siena Village, Munnar (tripadvisor.in/…REVIEWS)

They came back praising. You may try it.

Weather in August is monsoon in Kerala. You will enjoy it with the Onam festival on.

New Delhi, India
7 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Honeymoon destination in August? Please help!!!

August is really not the pleasant month for Honeymoon in India. But still there are few places for you where you can enjoy your honeymoon even in summers.

If you love hill stations then Kashmir or Darjeeling might be good place for you, else you can go to any of the best beaches like Goa & Andaman.

6. Re: Honeymoon destination in August? Please help!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 February 2014, 05:15
Follow this conversation!
Get notified when a new reply comes in.
Follow now