We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

changing flights at Delhi airport

Sydney
Level Contributor
15 posts
100 reviews
Save Topic
changing flights at Delhi airport

I'm currently looking at flights to get from Udaipur to Bangkok next January. We want to go from Delhi to Bangkok with Thai Airways flight TG 324 (travelling Business Class) which leaves Delhi at 11:55am. There is a Jet Airways flight from Udaipur to Delhi leaving at 8:05am which is due to get in to Delhi at 9:45am. Would this leave us enough time to get from one flight to another? Would we need to re-check baggage etc.? How likely is it that our flight from Udaipur will be delayed (especially at that time of the year)? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

1 post
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: changing flights at Delhi airport

You have not mentioned the date of travel, but in general domestic flights can get delayed in north India due to fog in the winters (Dec-Jan). You will need to collect bags and check-in again for the Thai flight. The connection is possible to make as you are flying business and Jet and Thai both use T3 of the Delhi Airport. However, if you want complete peace of mind, I would advice using Jet for the DEL-BKK leg as well, as it leaves a bit later, and Jet probably would guarantee the connection.

Sydney
Level Contributor
15 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: changing flights at Delhi airport

Thanks for that - I had already decided to do what you suggest - but your comment gives me added peace of mind. We are travelling in January so there is a risk of delays.

agra india
Destination Expert
for Agra, Jaipur, New Delhi
Level Contributor
7,635 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: changing flights at Delhi airport

However i would suggest to be in Delhi previous day. Instead spending night in Udaipur spend night in Delhi. Some time it is very thick fog and airport at Delhi operating but may not at Udaipur.

deepak

London, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: changing flights at Delhi airport

Also to say that Jet Airways does NOT guarantee a connection - even though ground staff at the departing airport and on-board may re-assure. We were stuck at Delhi with a very comfortable connection from Leh en-route to Chennai and Jet were less than helpful.

5. Re: changing flights at Delhi airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 August 2013, 10:16