We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Makemytrip.com SUCKS!!!!

Orlando,fl
Level Contributor
8 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Makemytrip.com SUCKS!!!!

I booked my trip from USA to Bombay, India and back. During the booking of the ticket I was informed that to change the date I would have to pay $300 plus the difference in airfare But I wasn't informed about the fact that they are allocated only few tickets for a particular class and that I would be unable to get a ticket or change my class. So due to medical reason I have to change my tickets and after being hung up on, being promised that someone will call me back and no ever did and three weeks of constant emailing, calling and online chatting with them, they tell me that no seats are available the entire month of July and August. I have to leave India by end of July due to immigration purpose and I conveyed this and all they said that they are sorry and can't do anything about it.

Dealing with makemytrip has been nothing but nightmare! They have the worst customer service, incredibly incompetent employees and no responsibility whatsoever!! I was promised that a supervisor will call me back and after 3 weeks I've yet to hear from a supervisor. Than when you use their live chat they keep on transferring you from one person to another! The worst of them was Rohit Binny, he was rude and just started to ignore me!

Their logo is " where we create unlimited memories just for you" ..more like where they create Nightmare if you have to make any changes to your ticket. I will Never Ever use them again..and I plan to make sure none of my friends, family or my associates ever use them eithe... MAKEMYTRIP.COM SUCKS!

1. Re: Makemytrip.com SUCKS!!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2015, 21:39
Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
39 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Makemytrip.com SUCKS!!!!

I agree - I too have had a bad experience for booking done for Gulmarg for 4 rooms.. Post reaching the hotel, we were informed that they have received no intimation from makemytrip. When called to the customercare number of makemytrip post noting the complain, we were told that someone will call but did not get a call.. We pleaded with the hotel owner to get us room as it was 5 degree and we had 4 kids of 2 -3 years. after 45 min of call the owner found some place which was more than double of what we had paid.. Question was who to bare the difference. we called the makemytrip again and this time we made a point to speak to some senior who could take a call on the same... After speaking for more than 1 hour, makemytrip agreed to pay the difference and difference would reach the hotel by next day morning... The story does not ends there.. On the next day at 3.pm while checking our baggages were withheld as the hotel had not received its due for differential.. Again their were calls too and fro to the call centres.. The person who had agreed for difference was not willing to take the calls at that point in time... we were again in lurch to find some solution.. Luckly at 4 pm the amt appeared in the bank statement of the hotel who released the Baggage..

The hotel owner mentioned that they no longer value relationship with makemytrip as they do not get their payments on time and have to follow up...

Makemytrip as organisation needs to pull up its process to put such complain on high radar and have solution time within 30 min so that the customer is not left high and dry in midst of no where.

My sincere suggestion going to kashmir please book through the hotels directly rather than booking through travelsite...

Edited: 08 June 2012, 07:46
Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Makemytrip.com SUCKS!!!!

I don't know why you didn't book directly with the airline and if the change is due to a medical condition your travel insurance should cover the costs.

Orlando,fl
Level Contributor
8 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Makemytrip.com SUCKS!!!!

I always book directly with the airline but my friend suggested to use make my trip saying they were much cheaper. I figured the money I saved, I could use for shopping! Boy have I learned my lesson!! I'm going to book my flights directly from airlines from now on!

Orlando,fl
Level Contributor
8 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Makemytrip.com SUCKS!!!!

I have tried so many times calling your company and no one calls me back nor have they found solution to my problem.. I have Neva seen such unethical incompetency and horrible customer service in my life! I was supposed to leave on June 4th n had been trying to resolve my ticket date issue for three weeks with no help from you guys than on June 5th I finally receive an email stating that basically since my date of departure had past, I lost my money and they are sorry for in convenience.. What a crock of sh*t!! I asked for a solution on what I can do and they keep on sending me the same email!! I'll be posting negative review on makemytrip in every forum I can find!

6. Re: Makemytrip.com SUCKS!!!!

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Jaipur
Level Contributor
399 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Makemytrip.com SUCKS!!!!

Remember one thing. Not only makemytrip. Almost all the online travel portal have a limitations to Alterations / Cancellations. As they are into bulk purchases, the contract between the hotels or airlines do have these clauses in them. So, I would advice either read the T&C before booking.

But in case with Jitu Shah, I believe to err is human, but they should compensate for their mistake. Jitu, I would suggest you to drag them to consumer court and teach them a lesson. I am sure if you have the documents, you would win...

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
39 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Makemytrip.com SUCKS!!!!

I understand but the only thing which i come up is that i am not here to fight and get compensated. I am here if makemytrip here and makes necessary process where the customer can be directed in such a sever situation rather than being put through the nornal call centre route...

Orlando,fl
Level Contributor
8 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Makemytrip.com SUCKS!!!!

@ Rajasthan_Adv.. I understand about agencies having limitations but I am soo perturbed about is the lack of customer service, rude employees, supervisor not returning my calls after being promised that they would call back, being transferred a zillion times, no one giving me proper answer or finding a solution to my problem. This is the worst, most incompetent company who needs to teach their employees a thing or two about customer service.

10. Re: Makemytrip.com SUCKS!!!!