We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

MAKEMYTRIP hotel Bookinhs disaster and fase claims

Mumbai
Level Contributor
22 posts
96 reviews
Save Topic
MAKEMYTRIP hotel Bookinhs disaster and fase claims

I had made a Booking online for a hotel in bangalore and done 100% payment online.

When I arrived at the hotel I was informed that they coudl not honor the booking as Make My Trip does not pay them and they cannot contact Make My Trip as they do not have any contact number.

However after much request the hotel agreed to oblige.

Make My Trip claims on their website "Under a Money Back Guarantee, if a customer books any hotel on www.makemytrip.com and the hotel amenities and inclusions are not as mentioned on the website, MakeMyTrip agrees to refund the amount paid by the customer."

The room did not have a tea Coffee maker and when I asked front desk I was informed that this facility is not available. Also the booking mentioned a Mini bar which was not in room.

When I contacted MakeMyTrip they are claiming that the tea/coffe maker is availalble "on request" but when I requested I was informed the facitlity is not available.

This is the second time in 3 months I have made a hotel booking with Makemytrip and suffered. In ahmedbad the Hotel told me they did not have rooms. I had arrived at 11pm and had to spent a lot of money fro taxi and find another hotel

While makemytrip does offer rooms at 10% less causing inconvenience to travellers is a nightmare.

Are there any toehr travellers who have had such experience I request your support since I woudl like to approach the Consumer forum for my petition.

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
1,923 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: MAKEMYTRIP hotel Bookinhs disaster and fase claims

Hi Edsel_Mumbai,

That is very sad but not shocking as I read many complaints on this forum re the website and many have renamed it as breakmytrip or ruinmytrip etc.

First write a polite letter stating all the facts, the day date and time of your booking. The copy of their confirmation by e mail or sms or letter etc. should also be there.

Date of travel etc.

The bill and receipt details of the hotel room you have paid to hotel directly.

Send a letter to the Chairman and each director and Senior executive of the Company. There addresses and names are available on their website.

Send a reminder after 14 days to all of them again.

Then send a legal notice and proceed.

As per my guess, you will not have to go to court. If they refund you the

money and say sorry, then forgive them and forget it. Because court cases

costs lot of money, time and energy.

Otherwise fight for refund plus

compensation for lack of service, outright cheating, misrepresentation, loss of peace of mind, expenses , mental harassment etc.

All the Best. Good luck.

Sanjiv

Mumbai (Bombay...
Destination Expert
for Mumbai (Bombay), Katra, Maharashtra, India
Level Contributor
5,522 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: MAKEMYTRIP hotel Bookinhs disaster and fase claims

Edsel_mumbai,

You already had a previous bad experience with MMT about which you have posted on TA. Why, may I ask, did you again go with them? I'm confused because if I had had such a bad experience as your previous (Kashmir, wasn't it?) one, I would be once bitten twice shy.....

Edited: 25 July 2012, 14:58
3. Re: MAKEMYTRIP hotel Bookinhs disaster and fase claims

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2015, 21:39
Mumbai
Level Contributor
22 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: MAKEMYTRIP hotel Bookinhs disaster and fase claims

I see several replies to this thread and thought I should give an update

Sandy as a frequent travellor I am looking for hotels last minute. MMT is the one website which has extensive coverage. So I book from here.

Since I pay the charges I expect the facilties listed ....is it wrong .

Also can you reccomend any other website for hotel bookings in india

My booking ID was Booking ID NH210312077747 and MakeMYtrip claims 100% money back abut when I wrote to them they offered INR 1000 instead of the INR6581 for stay and INR 1000 or so for tea/coffee..I do hope Team-MakeMyTrip Care will do something about this

5. Re: MAKEMYTRIP hotel Bookinhs disaster and fase claims

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Mumbai
Level Contributor
22 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: MAKEMYTRIP hotel Bookinhs disaster and fase claims

Dear Make My Trip,

I have NOT RECIEVED ANY VOUCHER so please can you email me the same again.

But please advice what 100% Money Back gaurantee means.

Why do you want to issue vouchers. Anyways I will respect this voucher so please "FORWARD" me the voucher and I will acknowledge the same as being sent on 28 aug 2012 else its being sent now.

Regards

Edsel Vaz

7. Re: MAKEMYTRIP hotel Bookinhs disaster and fase claims

Mumbai
Level Contributor
22 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: MAKEMYTRIP hotel Bookinhs disaster and fase claims

I must say this is a win for tripadvisor that MMT has finally started to pay heed to the fact that the travel community will rise against any form of injustice.

While I got auto replies from MMT like we will get back to you in 48 hours or 1 week since this issue took place in Jul 2012 its taken time but for sure they have atleast acted upon this issue.

Just to place on record I had requested MMT on phone to FORWARD the coupon as proof that they had indeed sent it earlier & it was NOT MISPLACED BY ME but it was not so. Anyways better late than never.

Please also pay equal attention to the tours being conducted by you especially in Kashmir. The outsourcing you are doing in transport to sub contractors who bring in ruthless drivers in poorly maintained condition and the pathetic food being offered cooked most hygeniec conditions is one area which needs your urgent attention to improove your services.

The hotel in Gulmarg were smelly and run down with no hot water on tap leaving you at mercy of staff to get you a bucket of hot water. For a price of 25000 surely you can do justice to atleast provide meals and hotel with basic hygiene

9. Re: MAKEMYTRIP hotel Bookinhs disaster and fase claims

Mumbai
Level Contributor
22 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: MAKEMYTRIP hotel Bookinhs disaster and fase claims

So is MMT admitting that I spent 1,00,000 which is large percent of my annual income as an experiment they conducted at me and my families cost.

Can makemytrip imagine the damage & trauma my family has undergone due to their experimentation

Edsel