We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

US Citizen Application for Visa to India.....

Shingle Springs...
5 posts
Save Topic
US Citizen Application for Visa to India.....

Okay, I'm probably an airhead, but I am a little confused as to which place I am to apply for my Indian Visa, as there are TWO Travisa internet listings, both of which seem to be correct.

The first was referenced in a separate forum posting www.travisa.com, it looks legit, but charges a 6 month consular fee of $81 and a regular $50 service fee (Rush fee is $99) for a total of $131. Very big difference.

After a little more searching, I came across www.indiavisa.travisaoutsourcing.com which is referenced on the Embassy of India site. The 6 month consular entry fee is $63 and the service fee is only $13, for a total fee of $76.

Both websites have different addresses listed for their SF office and the first one never says anything about being able to apply in person, which I would like to do, just to make sure I have EVERYTHING in order, so I can book my flight.

They seem to somehow be connected, but I just wondered if anyone knows for sure? Would really appreciate it if anyone is able to help clear up my confusion over this!

vkb
mississippi
Level Contributor
613 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: US Citizen Application for Visa to India.....

Travisa outsourcing is the right web site. If you are unsure go through the link provided by the Indian embassy or the consulate closest to you

Washington DC...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: US Citizen Application for Visa to India.....

I'm also confused about this. How was the discrepancy resolved? I will call Travisa tomorrow, but I'd be curious to hear back from you. Thanks!

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Destination Expert
for Kolkata (Calcutta), Darjeeling, India
Level Contributor
8,349 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: US Citizen Application for Visa to India.....

This is the right one -

https:/…homepage

Washington DC...
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: US Citizen Application for Visa to India.....

Thanks! I just delivered my paper work in person. Fingers crossed.

Fairfax, California
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: US Citizen Application for Visa to India.....

Okay, so since July 1, 2013, the Indian gov't is outsourcing travel visas to BLS International, not Travisa. I'm trying to apply online, but when I click on "Continue to next page", it times out and freezes. I've tried this several times and am now tearing out my hair. Does anyone have a suggestion?

6. Re: US Citizen Application for Visa to India.....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 August 2014, 06:20