We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ATM's India

T.B.A
Level Contributor
132 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
ATM's India

What is the maximum amount of Rupees one can withdraw and can you make multiple withdrawals one after another

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
830 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ATM's India

That would depend on your banks daily permitted withdrawals. I usually make sure there is enough in 2 or 3 accounts just to make sure.

One ICICI, is my favourite because the rate it gives on exchange is good, and has no fees, but withdrawals are limited to £300 per day.

T.B.A
Level Contributor
132 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ATM's India

Ok I understand that But is there a limit that the ATM will allow you to withdraw

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
201 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ATM's India

Yes there is. I think you can take 10,000 rupees at a time and a total limit of 20,000 rupees. I just had a look at my bank statements and that was what I was taking out in June this year do that must have been the limit at each ATM. I tended to use State Bank of India as they consistently took my card. I've got to say I didn't shop around to find best rates, lowest commission etc just went for convenience.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
6,134 posts
297 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ATM's India

we just got back from India, and I have to say it varied greatly for us. Some ATM's only allowed 15000 INR and others allowed as high as 30000 INR. In the case of being able to take out the 15000 INR, we were able to take another 15000 out right away.

also, what we had to figure out was, that is different that than in Canada is that you put your bank card in and then immediately pull it out again, don't leave it in the machine, or it won't work.

hope that helps! Jo

Toronto
Level Contributor
315 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ATM's India

Thanks for that info Jo, definitely important.

6. Re: ATM's India

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2013, 10:18