We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amex option on IRCTC

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
50 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Amex option on IRCTC

Hi

Can someone confirm if it's still possible to purchase rail tickets via IRCTC.co.in using Amex / American Express?

I've just attempted to buy some rail tickets and couldn't find the option to use Amex.

If someone with an IRCTC account can have a look and confirm (or tell me where the Amex option is) I'd be very grateful.

Thanks

Lester

Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for Mumbai, Katra, Maharashtra, India
Level Contributor
5,540 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Amex option on IRCTC

I think your answer is in post #31 here:

tripadvisor.in/ShowTopic-g293860-i511-k57409…

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
50 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Amex option on IRCTC

Hi. Thanks for the response although was aware I could book using Amex as have done this myself. The issue I'm facing is I can no longer find the Amex option on the IRCTC payment page.

It was there two Weeks ago but now I can't find it.

London
Level Contributor
3 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Amex option on IRCTC

It was there yesterday when i used my AMEX to book tickets. Tried to book some more today and it had disappeared

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
50 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Amex option on IRCTC

Ah, good - not me going mad.

Well I hope it's soon restored.

Posted something similar on another forum and was advised by someone that contacted IRCTC in Delhi that Amex payments are on the fritz and will be back tomozza.

5. Re: Amex option on IRCTC

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2013, 19:18