We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

After golden triangle tour - goa, Kerala or Himalayas

London
Level Contributor
79 posts
245 reviews
Save Topic
After golden triangle tour - goa, Kerala or Himalayas

Booking a trip to do the golden triangle in march and will be extending it for a few days to relax. What we are after, is a 5 star hotel with a Good spa, very good food (we are foodies) so either very good restaurants in hotel or nearby, which I would prefer. We are split between the idea of relaxing on a beachside property for say 4-5 days or a property in the Himalayas with gorgeous views. Any ideas would be welcome as it all looks so appealing

1. Re: After golden triangle tour - goa, Kerala or Himalayas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 November 2012, 12:26
Mysuru (Mysore...
Destination Expert
for Mysuru (Mysore)
Level Contributor
1,891 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: After golden triangle tour - goa, Kerala or Himalayas

Ananda beyond Rishikesh, Leti 360 in Kumaon operated by Shakti Himalayas,Ramgarh Bungalows, Glass House by the Ganges,

Ananda a good Spa.Leti360 would probably give you the best views.Food at Ramgarh Bungalows would probably be the best.

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
151 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: After golden triangle tour - goa, Kerala or Himalayas

That would be a very difficult choice for me. In March the temperatures could be quite hot in the Golden Triangle, so the cool of the Himalayas may be a very welcome retreat after the tour. We really enjoyed Sikkim - Darjeeling, Kalimpong and Gangtok for stunning scenery, but I'm afraid I can't recommend any particular hotels for you in that area, as we stayed mainly in three star properties.

In Kerala I can, however, recommend a very nice hotel and spa, the Surya Samudra. The grounds are beautiful, the rooms are quaint and historical and the restaurant is very good. There weren't too many other restaurants within easy walking distance at the time we were there though, although that may have changed since.

http://niraamaya.in/kovalam.html

Goa is a foodie paradise, with lots of restaurants to choose from. The first time we visited, we stayed in Calangute, and were surrounded by somewhere great to eat each night. Again I can't recommend a hotel there as we stayed in a small simple guest house.

If, however, you are after something a little different, but still with great luxury, I can recommend the Amarya Shamiyana, which is where we stayed on our second visit to Goa. The accommodation is in extremely luxurious Maharajah tents, complete with A/C, in room safe, a lovely bathroom, a private terrace and lots of lovely little touches. It doesn't have its own restaurant as such, but is next door to what is considered the best French restaurant in Goa.

www.i-escape.com/amarya-shamiyana/overview

I can also recommend a really good agent in India who would have access to all the luxurious and comfortable five star hotels in all those locations for you to be able to compare; as well as being able to book your transport and transfers should you wish. We use them for all our travels to India now, having done both the independent and group tour type of travel in the past.

http://www.iconindiatours.com/

I hope that helps - have fun planning.

Grete

4. Re: After golden triangle tour - goa, Kerala or Himalayas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 November 2013, 10:17