We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driver in Northern India Atma Takhur

Sydney, Australia
1 post
Save Topic
Driver in Northern India Atma Takhur

Hi there,

My name is Fernando and i was travelling in India with my sister and my brother last January 2013, we live in 3 different countries so we didn't plan our trip very well, we all met in Mumbai and then we flew to Delhi where we met Atma Thakur our driver who had been recommended to us by a female friend that was travelling in India with him

MY EXPERIENCE... HE IS THE BEST FROM MY POINT OF VIEW, THE BEST THAT COULD HAPPENED TO US WHEN TRAVELLING.

He knew very well the places, the roads, when and where to travel

We felt all the time safe with him, the car was a medium car, always clean even in the dessert. No dangers at all. Perfect for 2 or 3 people.

My sister was always happy to be with him as he was such a gentleman.

He looked after us in a way that i would describe as unique.

When travelling in India the last thing you want is that things go wrong, believe me.... a good driver makes a difference.

In case you are interested i leave his contact details below

Atma Takhur

discoverwithatma@hotmail.com

tel. 91 9818544350

91 66300956

Discover India!!!!!

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
1,528 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Driver in Northern India Atma Takhur

Yep, He is a good reliable driver. I know about him as i sent few of my guests with him, and my guests has been always satisfied.

poissy
Level Contributor
2 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Driver in Northern India Atma Takhur

Bonjour,

Je partage entièrement le point de vue de Fernando ci dessus

Je suis allée passer 5 jours à Delhi et Agra en compagnie de mon époux.

Celui ci était néanmoins retenu 3 jours par un congres et j'ai donc visite Delhi non pas seule mais en compagnie de Atma Thakur pendant que mon mari était occupé.

J'ai ainsi pu visiter à mon rythme et selon mes préférences, en toute sécurité et avec le plaisir de pouvoir échanger avec Atma en Anglais.

Il m'a recommandé un guide à Agra et Delhi lorsque je l'ai demandé Pour les sites archéologiques (Archeological Survey) , une licence spéciale est requise dont disposent les guides.

Nous sommes allés ensemble voir le temple hindi de Akshardham et il m'a attendu pendant que je visitais le musée national et le musée d'art moderne. Atma est souple sur l'organisation, il nous a donné d'excellentes adresses pour l'artisanat ou pour les restaurants.

Par ailleurs, il conduit très bien, il est toujours calme et courtois.

Voici ses coordonnées:

discoverwithatma@hotmail.com

tel. 91 9818544350

J'espère que vous pourrez lui faire confiance à votre tour;

N'hésitez pas à revenir vers moi pour plus de précisions;

Bon voyage en Inde

Genval, Belgium
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Driver in Northern India Atma Takhur

Hi,

I spend 2 weeks and half with my gilfriend in Rajasthan.

Atma was our driver.

He was very kind and calm.

He let us visit what we wanted to visit (in other words, he didn't drop us to friends or to places we didn't ask) for).

He waited for us when we were visiting and let us the time we needed to can visit at our rythm.

He speaks good English and gave us informations about some places to visit, restaurants, hotels, ... His informations were pertinent and useful.

He drives very good.

So if you are looking for a good and competent taxi driver, he is the man !

Enjoy your trip !

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
2,351 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Driver in Northern India Atma Takhur

Thanks for sharing this information, it will be helpful for others.

Yerevan, Armenia
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Driver in Northern India Atma Takhur

Hi,

Our family with our 11 yr. old son made a trip with Atma in Dec '13 starting from Agra thro' Jaipur, Jodhpur, Khuri, Jaisalmer, Ranakpur, Kumbhalagarh ending in Udaipur in 9 days. Not only he was an excellent professional driver, it was pleasant company too, during the long hours on the road.

We found him through his website and facebook and going by the past reviews chose him. And, we are so glad to share that the past reviews were factual and correct and we'd like to say, we would travel with him again in his part of India. in addition to this space, his facebook page and own webpage and the mail discoverwithatma@hotmail.com and give information how many others like us think of him. his tel is : +91 9818544350

Coming from a remote part of North India, he operates on his own, and we wish him all the best, as the web based car aggregating companies are making huge improvements in delivering quality services and offering competitive offers bringing competition to his market segment.

We think, Atma will be able to stay ahead of his competition. As a hardworking person who has come so far to form and run his own business, we are sure he will be working with his long standing customers (getting their feedback etc;) and friends on how to add extra features to his services such as more up to date information on local attractions he is going with his tourist/travellers.

We wish him all success.

6. Re: Driver in Northern India Atma Takhur

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 January 2015, 05:19