We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nation wide general strike on 20 , 21 February 2013

Kerala
Destination Expert
for Kerala, Kumarakom, Alappuzha, Kochi (Cochin), Munnar
Level Contributor
6,889 posts
Save Topic
Nation wide general strike on 20 , 21 February 2013

As a protest to the policies of the central government , a nation wide general strike has been called by the all trade unions and various independent federation of workers and employees on 20 , 21 February 2013

So those travelling and arriving at destinations please keep this in mind as transport services might be hit , shops and other establishments are expected to be shut during the strike .

check with your hotel / CAB / tour operator for more local specific information

Palma de Mallorca...
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Nation wide general strike on 20 , 21 February 2013

Hi, thanks for this, Im flying in on the 21st, as it in the past been country wide, do a large portion of the population go out on strike , have they been really disruptive in the past. Im scared Im gong to get stuck in the airport, as the hotel has just informed me that if it does go ahead, they will not be able to pick me up.

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Destination Expert
for Kolkata (Calcutta), Darjeeling, India
Level Contributor
8,352 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nation wide general strike on 20 , 21 February 2013

Latitude3934,

Change your date of arrival if you can. Sometimes in the time of strike the transport situation is quite bad. Which city are you arriving into ?

Dhanbad, India
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Nation wide general strike on 20 , 21 February 2013

How the strike will effect in Jharkhand? I want to travel from Dhanbad to Ranchi on 20th February at 5 am

Bangalore...
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Nation wide general strike on 20 , 21 February 2013

Travelling to Delhi on 21st Feb. I will reach Delhi airport 9:45 AM.

Any idea/update on availability of airport taxi?

Kerala
Destination Expert
for Kerala, Kumarakom, Alappuzha, Kochi (Cochin), Munnar
Level Contributor
6,889 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Nation wide general strike on 20 , 21 February 2013

Hello Latitude3943,

If the change of dates are not possible , then book an airport hotel at the earliest

6. Re: Nation wide general strike on 20 , 21 February 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 February 2014, 06:15