We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

uestion for any Blondes that have been to the Holi festival

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
4 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
uestion for any Blondes that have been to the Holi festival

We will be in Varanasi for the Holi Festival in March. I am excited about the colors and plan to wear my best white outfit so that i have a souvenier from the festival. However I have heard that it is exceptionally difficult to get the dye out of ones hair. One person suggested conditioner and another Vaseline to put on my hair before the festival so that it doesnt permanently stain my hair. Does anyone have suggestions that are better? (LOL my husband has a grey beard that he will not shave until we return just for bragging rights)

Mumbai (Bombay...
Destination Expert
for Mumbai (Bombay), New Delhi, Kochi (Cochin), Chennai (Madras), India
Level Contributor
12,610 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: uestion for any Blondes that have been to the Holi festival

I put coconut oil before going. It coats the hair and makes it difficult for the colours to really stick. Works for skin too.

Edited: 20 February 2013, 04:23
Washington DC...
Level Contributor
4 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: uestion for any Blondes that have been to the Holi festival

Thank you so much. Can you get that in the US? I will try cvs today

3. Re: uestion for any Blondes that have been to the Holi festival

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 February 2014, 05:16