We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa for non uk passport holder

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
27 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Visa for non uk passport holder

Hi guys,

Does anyone know how long it takes for a non uk passport holder to get an indian visa? My girlfriend and I are going traveling in India and My partner is polish. does anybody know how long it will take to get hers back? i know it says 10-15 days, but has anyone had theirs back quicker?

We are going in 3 weeks and we're going on mon to the consulate to apply in person.

if anyone has some info it would be great, as my girlfriend is starting to panic she wont have it back in time

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Destination Expert
for Kolkata (Calcutta), Darjeeling, India
Level Contributor
8,349 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visa for non uk passport holder

Hi,

The Indian consulate does not give out Visa's directly. You have to go through VFS Global. There is an additional form your girlfriend has to fill out besides the online application form. Not sure how long it takes, but you can press your case with them.

http://in.vfsglobal.co.uk/

Edited: 07 April 2013, 05:01
Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
27 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visa for non uk passport holder

Thanks for your post,

I'm pretty sure she has filled out the additional form for me to take on Monday. and we have both filled out the form on the website you mentioned.

But thought it would speed things up in person rather than by post.

Hopefully we will be okay. We are due to fly in 16 days, so fingers crossed

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Destination Expert
for Kolkata (Calcutta), Darjeeling, India
Level Contributor
8,349 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visa for non uk passport holder

If she has any proof of residence, like electricity bills or rent bills in her name, it will hasten the process. But I don't see any reason why she shouldn't get it in time. Good luck.

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
8,876 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visa for non uk passport holder

Wayne

Have you downloaded and signed the Declaration form?

Photos right size?

I think that you're pretty tight on time so you need to make sure that everything is 100% correct when you go to the VFS office (presumably Birmingham?).

What are your plans for return of your documents?

Are you going ro go back and pick them up or have them posted out to you? If posted, by RM or courier?

This thread may help you to make sure you've not missed anything or made any mistakes:

tripadvisor.co.uk/…46397625

Have a great time in India.

5. Re: Visa for non uk passport holder

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 April 2014, 06:15