We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

In India for a mth, how much would I need in Oz dollars

3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
In India for a mth, how much would I need in Oz dollars

Hotels, food and travel. Everything else has been paid for

adelaide
Level Contributor
1,670 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: In India for a mth, how much would I need in Oz dollars

depends if 0 star Indian hotels or 6 star luxury

depends if dirty street food or 5 course feasts

depends if private car and driver or public bus

depends where you go in the month

depends which month

agra india
Destination Expert
for Agra, Jaipur, New Delhi
Level Contributor
7,667 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: In India for a mth, how much would I need in Oz dollars

Cost very much depends upon category of hotels, type of restaurants and private transport or public transport.

deepak

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
1,923 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: In India for a mth, how much would I need in Oz dollars

Hi,

You may need money for payment of entrance fees to the monuments, Tips, a beer(around 3 dollars u.s.) before your lunch and few drinks before dinner (if you carry couple of bottles from duty free while arriving, you can enjoy it in your hotel room at much cheaper rate otherwise bars in hotels will rip you off. The 60 ml peg of Johnywalker blck label may cost you from 600 to 1800/- (depending upon the place and number of stars it carries. That works out to US$ 12 to 35 for just 60 ml of nectar)

For tips and entrance fees consider US$ 2o to 25 average per day minimum x 30 days

A visit to spa and massage, haircut, facial, pedicure, manicure shaping would cost you anywhere between usd 15 to 60 per visit.

Shopping - sky is the limit because, you would love to buy everything you see, please do not blame yourself as it is a human weakness.

Hope, now you can get fair idea depending upon your needs.

Sanjiv

4. Re: In India for a mth, how much would I need in Oz dollars

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 April 2014, 06:17