We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel to India with kids

Carlsbad, California
Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Topic
Travel to India with kids

Traveling to India in December with kids. Very concerned about the water situation and wondering what we should do to prevent illness/ disease? Thanks for any suggestions.

Bareilly, India
8 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel to India with kids

Dear I will suggest you to visit kerala. its a beautiful place with beaches and resorts are available their..do boating also..enjoy the desired jouorney of life. I am sure you will like the travelling in kerala so ,make your mind and visit kerala.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
1,528 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel to India with kids

You can easily find filtered water bottle and it will be fine. December is really a very good time to travel almost anywhere in India.. Just eat at clean places and places where you see more people exactly is nice place to eat as more people is sign that they will have fresh food. Cheers !

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
1,711 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel to India with kids

Make sure all your travel injections are up to date. I always take hand washing gel with me, very useful. you can buy bottled water everywhere, never drink the tap water.

Agra
Destination Expert
for Agra
Level Contributor
5,183 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel to India with kids

Bottled water is highly suggested for drinking.....even use bottled water for brushing teeth in the hotel,avoid street food...always eat in nice restaurant or better to be in hotels where you are going to stay.

Thanks and Regards

Rashid Agra

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
6,200 posts
297 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel to India with kids

Hi there,

Definitely good to have your ear to the ground on this, but nothing to be too worried about. As long as you take normal precautions of drinking bottled water, eating in good restaurants and washing hands often your children will be totally fine.....no worries! India is a fabulous place to visit! We took our two children last summer. Make sure you are in the hands of a recommended and trusted tour operator like we were and you will do great! I have been back since to India again, such an amazing place!

Here is my trip review of my first trip with my kids:

tripadvisor.com/…43430927

Hope that helps you a bit,

Jo

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
248 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Travel to India with kids

Bottled/Mineral water is easily available at all places even in small shops and it is not very costly. While buying mineral water from small shops, please ensure that seal is not broken. Use of paper cups instead of glass at resturants. You just need to take precautions to avoid falling sick. Hope you have a great trip!

Agra, India
Level Contributor
1,980 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Travel to India with kids

Hi,

India is a great touristic place and you need not to worry about your kids. you have just take few precautions such as avoid eating at the open places, avoid drinking from the unsealed bottle and carry some regular and useful medicines.

Will suggest you to have food only at your hotels or at the hygienic restaurants.

Good luck for your trip to India with your kids.

Regards,

Arun Agra

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
557 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Travel to India with kids

do restaurants provide paper cups if asked?

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
6,200 posts
297 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Travel to India with kids

Dear Iminla, please don't be alarmed by the post advising you to drink from paper cups, even at a restaurants. That is utter nonsense and is completely false information and is totally unnecessary to do unless you have obsessive compulsive behaviour. I think this poster is just using another opportunityt to advertise his travel business.

Jo

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
557 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Travel to India with kids

Thank you Jo!