We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Short Trip/Vacation from New Delhi?

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
5 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Short Trip/Vacation from New Delhi?

Hey you Travel gurus!

My wife and I want to go on a short vacation (4-6 days) to a cool place, maybe by car or flight (trains won't be possible to get at short notice). See, neither she nor I are that big a fan of "just scenic beauty" but not that we hate it too. So we want to try some place with some bit of good weather, some local spots to check out and some element of liveliness and folks around.. maybe even with some decent malls or local markets for shopping and all.

Could you suggest any such place to go to in the first week of June (I know it's short notice), keeping a budget of max 10k per person?

Thanks for your response in advance.

Village Women Craft
Gift & Speciality Shops
Dhonk
Gift & Speciality Shops
Rural Women Craft
Factory Outlets, Gift & Speciality Shops
agra india
Destination Expert
for Agra, Jaipur, New Delhi
Level Contributor
8,136 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Short Trip/Vacation from New Delhi?

I will suggest to travel to Nainital, Kausani, Almora. This area is very well connected by road and Volvo buses up to Haldwani.

Mentioned in this post
Nainital
Nainital
Nainital District, India
Kausani
Kausani
Bageshwar District, India
Almora
Almora
Almora District, India
Haldwani
Haldwani
Nainital District, India
Agra, India
Level Contributor
193 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Short Trip/Vacation from New Delhi?

You can also check out for Manali and Shimla.

Mentioned in this post
Manali
Manali
Manali Tehsil, India
Shimla
Shimla
Shimla District, India
3. Re: Short Trip/Vacation from New Delhi?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 June 2014, 06:17