We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

India Safe for Mom & Young Daughter ?

India Safe for Mom & Young Daughter ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 June 2015, 19:11
Agra
Destination Expert
for Agra
Level Contributor
4,864 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: India Safe for Mom & Young Daughter ?

You need to take similar general precautions as u do at home.If possible avoid night traveling...up to 8 pm is fine.Try to take the services of a well reputed travel operator who are suggested /recommended on the forum..

India is still safe...we get lot of solo/female tourist...

As far as transportation is concerned take one driver/car for most of your tour.

Good Luck.

Rashid Agra

2. Re: India Safe for Mom & Young Daughter ?

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
12 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: India Safe for Mom & Young Daughter ?

I'm really sorry about the bad press that India has been receiving recently and I like to think that the unfortunate incidents you mentioned are just aberrations. But bad stuff happens and I don't have any excuses.

At the same time, I'd like to say that India is probably as safe for you and your family as any other country might be. . I personally know many female travelers who covered various regions of India solo. One is even living here for the past 2 years and we are still in touch.

Now for a bit of practical advice:

You'll be safe in Delhi at any time of day or night if all you have to do is catch a taxi to your hotel or even do a bit of sightseeing.

Avoid tuktuks(autos) because of your family size and hire radio taxis. Just search on net for their phone numbers. There must be dozens of companies offering such service now. They're much more comfortable, not overly expensive and you pay exactly for distance traveled.

Women of your family don't have to cover up their heads or layers of clothes. Just dress and behave sensibly and you'll be fine. India is not that bad as Fox news or Reddit says. Trust me on this.. All you have to do is follow the simple safety precautions that one follows while traveling abroad. You may have top cover your heads while visiting a place of worship, but nowhere else.

As far as Agra, Varanasi are concerned, they are small but very crowded towns. Take care to keep your belongings and kids always in sight and don't pay ANY attention to touts. Jaipur too has fair number of touts but is not as bad as Agra or Varanasi.

Rest you can see it for yourselves when you come here.

Mumbai (Bombay...
Destination Expert
for Mumbai (Bombay), New Delhi, Kochi (Cochin), Chennai (Madras), India
Level Contributor
12,249 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: India Safe for Mom & Young Daughter ?

I have answered your private message.

5. Re: India Safe for Mom & Young Daughter ?

Mumbai (Bombay...
Destination Expert
for Mumbai (Bombay), Katra, Maharashtra, India
Level Contributor
5,519 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: India Safe for Mom & Young Daughter ?

Just answered your pm...

7. Re: India Safe for Mom & Young Daughter ?

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 11 June 2014, 05:16