We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Female travelers Delhi, Agra Jaipur.

Barrow-in-Furness...
Level Contributor
17 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Female travelers Delhi, Agra Jaipur.

Hi,

We are three female travelers arriving in Delhi in early September. We plan to see the Taj Mahal, visit Jaipur to visit Elephantastic and would like some ideas as to what else to see while we are there. We have to end our trip in Delhi as that is when our flight home is but we have a week in Northern India.

Any unmissable sights?

Any tips on staying safe?

Thanks!

Delhi
Level Contributor
721 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Female travelers Delhi, Agra Jaipur.

Hi almbrown,

India is a beautiful country and there are so many things to explore there. But if you have only one week to visit North India, then I would suggest you to book Golden Triangle Tour. It is one of the popular tour in North India. In this tour you will visit 3 most beautiful cities of India i.e Delhi, Agra and Jaipur.

I would recommend you to book your tour from tour operators in India. I would like to suggest you few reputed tour operators in India;

Indian Holiday Pvt. Ltd.

LuxoIndia

Make My Trip

These tour operators not only book your tour but also accommodation for your comfortable stay.

Hope this information is helpful for you. :)

Agra
Destination Expert
for Agra
Level Contributor
4,735 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Female travelers Delhi, Agra Jaipur.

In above mentioned span of time you can do a famous tourist circuit Golden Triangle....may be with Udaipur inclusion or any other destination of your choice.

If u want to go with Tour operator then there are many suggestions and recommendations here on the forum...they will book everything for you.....Operators like Icon India,Elegant Journeys,TGS,Delhi Magic and few more have positive reviews on this site....contact 2-3 of them ...compare the quote and then decide.

The other way is if you scratch forum a bit this can be organize by yourself too....you need to book the hotels on line...see the suggestions for transportation and guides too....there are members and DE will help you out.

In Delhi there is lot to see...2 nights are good enough...In case of Agra besides Taj ,Agra Fort,Sikandra,Baby taj and Fatehpur Sikri...at least 1 night is highly suggested.

2 nights are enough for Jaipur....May be 2 nights for Udaipur.

Thanks and Regards

Rashid Agra

Bridport, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Female travelers Delhi, Agra Jaipur.

Hello - In February/March this year my friend and I (two female travellers) had a most wonderful three week tour of Rajasthan arranged by our Indian friend, Vijay. He booked fabulous hotels for us and proivded us with a car, and a safe, knowledgeable, courteous and charming driver called Lucky. Vijay was always concerned that we were happy, enjoying ourselves, and satisfied with the arrangements he had made for us. He was on the phone to Lucky every few days, and had we needed any assistance with anything, I know Vijay would have provided it. Vijay is absolutely reliable and trustworthy.

I would strongly recommend that you look at Vijay's website

www.timesindiatravels.com

and contact him to discuss your trip. If you need any further information from me, (Sue), or my friend, Marly, please reply to this message. We wrote a lengthy review of our trip on Tripadvisor, and I think you can go straight to it from Times India Travel website, or search on Tripadvisor.

Please don't hesitate to get in touch if you need any more information.

Enjoy India! Sue

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
3,365 posts
256 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Female travelers Delhi, Agra Jaipur.

Hi,

i highly recommend the Salaam Balaak Walk when in Delhi - http://www.salaambaalaktrust.com/

In Jaipur, other than the obvious and normally recommended sights, i recommend visiting the Galta Monkey Temple -

You definitely need one night in Agra, but no more than that.

Immerse yourself in local markets and with locals as much as possible to enjoy and make the most out of your trip. i find this the best way to enjoy.

As for safey, I find India very safe. My second trip this past winter, Feb thru April was as a solo female, and i never felt unsafe. Take the usual precautions you would take any place in the world you would travel and you will be fine. my best advice for India is to go with a positive attitude and to expect the unexpected...and SMILE!

Jo

agra india
Destination Expert
for Agra, Jaipur, New Delhi
Level Contributor
7,634 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Female travelers Delhi, Agra Jaipur.

You are quite safe with normal precaution. You can take elehphant ride at Amer Fort when going uphill. This will save you money and time.

You can do the tour in following sequence Delhi> Agra> Jaipur> Pushkar> Delhi.

All above places are very well connected by road , rail and many hotels of different categories in each city.

deepak

6. Re: Female travelers Delhi, Agra Jaipur.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2014, 05:17