We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

South India Tour in 10 Days-Please Help

Toronto, Canada
2 posts
Save Topic
South India Tour in 10 Days-Please Help

HELLO FORUM,

I AM FROM HYDERABAD CURRENTLY LIVING IN CANADA.I AM THINKING TO TOUR SOUTH INDIA IN FEBRUARY 2014.I GOT ONLY 10 DAYS.I WOULD LIKE TO GO WITH MY FAMILY(6).PLEASE HELP ME REGARDING PLANNING OF THE TRIP.I WOULD LIKE TO VISIT THE FOLLOWING PLACES

1.Tirupathi

2.Kanipakam

3.Kanchi Kamakshi Temple

4.Rameswaram

5.Madurai Meenakshi Temple

6.Cochin(Kerala Backwaters in boat house)

7.Ooty

8.Mysore

9.Bangalore

10.Srisailam

Will I be able to complete all these places in 10 days..???..And which will be the better way to travel..either by road or by train.I am thinking of hiring a driver.I didn't find any travel agent covering all these places.

Any valuable suggestions is strongly appreciated.

Thank you.

Balu

1. Re: South India Tour in 10 Days-Please Help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 June 2014, 12:15
Tiruchirappalli...
Level Contributor
1,260 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: South India Tour in 10 Days-Please Help

This is too tuff to cover in 10 days as sri sailam, kerala is included. without these two it can be done in 10 days.

also kerala tamilnadu andra covering more than 2500 kms in 10 days.

i will surely make note of safety in this regard.

cochin
Level Contributor
61 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: South India Tour in 10 Days-Please Help

Dear friend its not easy to caver this all places in 10 days.. please mack more days .kerala and tamilnadu you can cover.

Destinations .Tirupathi Chennai - Mahabalipuram - Kanchipuram - Pondicherry - Thanjavur - Trichy - Madurai - Kanyakumari - Kovalam - Alleppey - Thekkady - Munnar - Cochin - Calicut - Wayanad - Mysoor - Bangalore . Bangalore to by train Srisailam. chennai to Bangalore Tour total days 22 day 21 nights

Arrival - Chennai

Departure - Bangalore

regard

keralatourconnector

Toronto, Canada
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: South India Tour in 10 Days-Please Help

Hello Friend,

Thank for you reply,

I am thinking of starting from Tirupathi-Kanipakam-Kanchi-Rameswaram-Madhurai-Alleppy-Ooty-Mysore.

Them moving to Andhra by train.I don't think there is anything to see in Bangalore.What do u think of it.

Tiruchirappalli...
Level Contributor
1,260 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: South India Tour in 10 Days-Please Help

It add depends on your intrests balu

In fact there are lots of temples in between kanchi and madurai. also many places of interests for activities also.

So first decide what you are looking for :)

thirupathi->kanipakam-> kanchi as one circuit mean with one driver

and travel to chengalpattu and take a train to rameshwaram and take a local cab there.

and then allepey , ooty mysore

and remember every place you might need to pay for the return of the cab also. note it.

6. Re: South India Tour in 10 Days-Please Help

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 07 August 2013, 10:05
7. Re: South India Tour in 10 Days-Please Help

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 28 October 2013, 11:35
Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
2,352 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: South India Tour in 10 Days-Please Help

It is very hard to cover all the mentioned destinations in given period of time. As if you add all the destination then you will spend most of the time in shifting from one place to another. So I will suggest that you can take a round trip with beach part in Kerela or you can see the beauty of Tamil Nadu

Hope that you will understand my point.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: South India Tour in 10 Days-Please Help

I am planning for similar trip and need some expert advice. I will be starting from Hyderabad and ending my trip in Bangalore ( 7 days / 6 nights).

Hyderabad - Tirupati - Kanipakam - Sri Kalahasti - Kanchi - coimbatore, Ooty, Mysore & Bangalore by Train and Innova / Tavera car.

DAY 0 (July 7th) Tirupati

• Take 7th evening Train from Hyderabad

DAY 1 (July 8th) Tirupati

• Pickup from Railway station

• Kanipakam Ganesh Temple

• Srinivasa Mangapuram

• Alamelu Mangapuram (mangapuram – Tirupati)

• Tirumala

• Night in Tirumala

DAY 2 (July 9th) Tirupati

• Kapila theertham

• Govind Raja Swamy Temple

• Sri Kalahasti

• Kanchi

• Kanchi overnight stay

DAY 3 (July 10th) Tirumala

• Kanchi

• Kanchi shopping

• Drop in Arakkonam Train station

DAY 4 (July 11th) Ooty / Coonoor:

• Pickup from Coimbatore Railway station

Coimbatore to Ooty

• Ooty / Coonoor sightseeing

• Ooty Overnight stay

DAY 5 (July 12th) Mysore

• Ooty to Mysore

• Mysore sightseeing

• Mysore Overnight stay

DAY 6 (July 13th) Depart for Bangalore

• Mysore to Bangalore

• Bangalore sightseeing

• Drop at Bangalore airport

• Bangalore Flight

Edited: 10 February 2014, 22:31
Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
2,352 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: South India Tour in 10 Days-Please Help

your tour seems perfect,, enjoy the tour.