We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Left Luggage Facilities at Mumbai Airport

Wakefield, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
98 reviews
Save Topic
Left Luggage Facilities at Mumbai Airport

Has anybody recently used the left luggage facilities at Mumbai Airport. I am looking to leave two suitcases there for 6 days while taking an internal trip to Goa but want to be aware of any potential problems and whether it would just be safer to pay the excess baggage charges on the internal flight.

Mumbai (Bombay...
Destination Expert
for Mumbai (Bombay), Katra, Maharashtra, India
Level Contributor
5,522 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Left Luggage Facilities at Mumbai Airport

I'd take my luggage with me. You would anyway incur charges for leaving the luggage. I don't see any point in leaving it behind.

Wakefield, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Left Luggage Facilities at Mumbai Airport

It is a lot more expensive to pay the excessive baggage so I was hoping to hear if anyone had any experience of leaving luggage at the airport but thank you for responding so quickly.

Mumbai (Bombay...
Destination Expert
for Mumbai (Bombay), Katra, Maharashtra, India
Level Contributor
5,522 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Left Luggage Facilities at Mumbai Airport

There is a left luggage facility at the airport. But not a lot of details are available about it here on TA. You would need to inquire more once you get here. If you do leave your luggage behind, ensure that there are no valuables. Clothes etc. would be ok to be left behind.

And please do post back with your experience on the Mumbai forum for future travellers.

Wakefield, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Left Luggage Facilities at Mumbai Airport

Hi

I did in the end leave two suitcases at the left luggage facility at Mumbai Airport as it was considerably cheaper than paying the excess luggage charges to take them to Goa.

I had some problems locating the representative at first as they have to travel between the two terminals and also to the storage facility and therefore I recommend leaving plenty of time for this.

There was no problem at all with the cases that were left and they were returned promptly at the end of the period.

I left them at the domestic terminal and needed to go on to the international terminal. When they were returned to the domestic terminal we were not able to take them back into the building and therefore had to use a taxi rather than the airport shuttle bus. However I preferred to collect them from where I left them as I was not sure that you would be able to get to the left luggage counter within the international terminal as it is in the arrivals area.

I hope this assists anyone considering using the facility.

Johannesburg, South...
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Left Luggage Facilities at Mumbai Airport

I need to store two bags of luggage on the 22 nd December 2013.My flight from South Africa lands at SC Mumbai at 00.00 hrsand my domestic flight to Surat leaves at 17.00 hrs on the 22nd Decmber 2013

Thanks

Lakha

Johannesburg, South...
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Left Luggage Facilities at Mumbai Airport

i need to sotre two suitcases.I am landing at CS Mumbai at 00.50 hrs on the 22nd Dec 2013 and my domestic flight to Surat is qat 17.00 hs on the 22nd Dec 2013

Arvind L

Johannesburg, South...
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Left Luggage Facilities at Mumbai Airport

I need to store two bags of luggage on the 22 nd December 2013.My flight from South Africa lands at SC Mumbai at 00.00 hrsand my domestic flight to Surat leaves at 17.00 hrs on the 22nd Decmber 2013

Thanks

Lakha

Johannesburg, South...
4 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Left Luggage Facilities at Mumbai Airport

Thanks

Lakha

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
2,351 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Left Luggage Facilities at Mumbai Airport

May you can contact airport aurthority at Mumbai they can help you

Mumbai (Bombay...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Left Luggage Facilities at Mumbai Airport

lost or found something anywhere in india..

just log on to http://lostyafound.in/

post free ads & get your things back...