We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Changes of prices ought to rupee fluctuation?

Barranquilla...
Level Contributor
26 posts
66 reviews
Save Topic
Changes of prices ought to rupee fluctuation?

Greetings

I have received this message from the company I booked a car for my stay in India:

"Dear Mario Herrera,

We thank you for choosing “XXXXXXX” for your trip to India with your travel advisor

We have assigned XXXXXXX as your client relationship manager. Miss XXX is already in touch with you and will be in touch with you before your arrival in India, during your trip and After the tour for the feedback.

My name is XXXX, from accounts/finance department and I am writing to you regarding your balance payment.

Below are your trip dates/details:

Tour Starting Dates: 20 Dec

Tour End Dates: 18 Jan

Total Travelling: 6

Tour Cost: INR 82000

Advance Paid: INR 5085

Balance Amount: INR 76915

We request you to pay your balance amount soon. Reason: Due to currency fluctuation (USD / EUR / GBP / ZAR is increasing against INR). In India Taxes are increasing next month and due to fluctuating currency rates hotels will also revise their prices. To avoid any price hike up and to provide you the services in the committed price; we request you to settle your balance soon AS we will pay to the hotels in advance to secure the bookings in previous prices. "

Now, when I said that I will pay in rupees as soon I arrive to India they answer was:

"Dear Mario,

Thanks for your reply!

We can take the payment on arrival also but any price difference due to the currency fluctuations will be borne by you.

Have a great time ahead!

Regards"

They referred me to the web page of term & conditions which I am quite sure was changed in the last days

I don’t like this situation. I do not agree that fluctuation in the rupee has to affect this deal since gasoil prices has no hiked yet nor has been the government increases the taxes. What are your opinions or suggestions regarding this case? Thanks

Mumbai (Bombay...
Destination Expert
for Mumbai (Bombay), New Delhi, Kochi (Cochin), Chennai (Madras), India
Level Contributor
12,271 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Changes of prices ought to rupee fluctuation?

If your package is made up of hotels and transport, then usually only the hotels need to be paid in advance. Thus you need not pay 100% now to secure the hotels. You can pay part of the cost, maybe 30-40% if you think the agency is reliable.

I don't know about the probability of diesel/petrol price rise or hotel price rise, so I won't comment on it.

Barranquilla...
Level Contributor
26 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Changes of prices ought to rupee fluctuation?

Thanks. The package includes only transport.

3. Re: Changes of prices ought to rupee fluctuation?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 September 2014, 05:19