We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Planning trip in a week!

Kuwait, Al Kuwayt...
4 posts
Save Topic
Planning trip in a week!

Good Morning;

Im planning a trip to India in a week for approximately 7 day with my mother.

Im thinking of doing the Golden triangle and adding Udaipur.

What would be the best route and in regards to the train; how safe are they? What is the best and safest train we could take? Flights? How easy is it to get in and out of airports there?

Since I'm having a hard time purchasing train tickets from here, would it be possible I book these tickets when Im in india? Through a hotel concierge ?

Oh and we are flying in and out of Mumbai not Delhi. I was told it was safer since we are both females.

Edited: 03 October 2013, 11:09
New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
282 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Planning trip in a week!

Hello,

I would suggest you to hire car and driver for your entire trip, suggested travel plan as below.

Delhi (2 Nights) > Agra (1 Night) > Jaipur (2 Nights) > Udaipur (2 Nights) > take flight for Mumbai from Udaipur.

Thanks,

New Delhi
Level Contributor
3,698 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Planning trip in a week!

Hi

as per your interest of cities your itinerary run very smoothly

Arr Mumbai and one night there.

Second day visit Mumbai and flying by evening flight for udaipur.

Thread day full day in udaipur

day 4 drive Jaipur early morning and reach Jaipur till 2-3 pm. Visit city palace and over night in Jaipur.

Day 5 am amber fort with elephant ride and leave for Agra on the way visit fatehpur sikri.

Day 6 am sunrise Tajmahal and Agra fort.

Pm leave for Delhi.

Day 7 Full day combined Delhi old & new tour and fly back to Mumbai.

Hope you enjoy your tour.

Cheers

Agra
Destination Expert
for Agra
Level Contributor
4,866 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Planning trip in a week!

It can be done in this order-------Mumbai>Delhi>Agra>Jaipur>Udaipur>Mumbai.

The cities in GT are well connected by train and road...either way is fine.

Thanks

Rashid Agra

4. Re: Planning trip in a week!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2014, 05:19