We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

India tour

Beverley, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
India tour

This is to be our trip of a lifetime. Plan to arrive at Delhi morning of 1 feb14 and leave from Mumbai 2.40am on 22nd feb14. Want to visit the sights in the golden triangle, tour around Kerela, have 3 nights in Goa before 1 night in Mumbai before flying back to London. I know we want to do a lot and would like advice whether this is doable. How would we get from one district to another and where to tour in the available time in Kerela? I expect we would get a car and driver in Delhi and Kerela

I would be really grateful if anyone can advise whether this is too ambitious and hopefully, how it can be done. Many thanks to all who advise.

Agra
Destination Expert
for Agra
Level Contributor
4,827 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: India tour

In the North you can do 2NDelhi>2NVaranasi>2NKhajuraho>1NAgra>2NJaipur>2NUdaipur. The cities in GT are well connected by road and train network.......it can be done with combining both modes.

If you want to go with tour operator u can check the recommendations and suggestions for them on the forum.For other queries related to trip search in the box above corner of this page.

Thanks

Rashid Agra

New Delhi
Level Contributor
3,658 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: India tour

Hi

You have good time in hand to cover major cities if rajasthan and then fly to kerala.

5-6 nights in Golden triangle

7-8 nights kerala

3 nights in Goa

one in Mumbai

hope you understand about different parts

of India and you needs services in three parts.

Thx

Mumbai (Bombay...
Destination Expert
for Mumbai (Bombay), New Delhi, Kochi (Cochin), Chennai (Madras), India
Level Contributor
12,222 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: India tour

Here's a plan that is designed for your dates.

1-Feb Sat - Arrive Delhi (most flights come in late) - Overnight Delhi

2-Feb Sun - Delhi sightseeing - Lotus Temple, Akshardham - Overnight Delhi

3-Feb Mon - Delhi sightseeing - New Delhi, Old Delhi, Qutb Complex, Humayuns Tomb - Overnight Delhi

4-Feb Tue - Drive to Agra, see Agra Fort. Sunset view of Taj from other side of river - Overnight Agra

5-Feb Wed - Visit the Taj Mahal at sunrise. Drive to Jaipur via Fatehpur Sikei - Overnight Jaipur

6-Feb Thu - Jaipur - walled city exploration, Galta temple - Overnight Jaipur

7-Feb Fri - Jaipur - Amer and bazaars - Overnight Jaipur

8-Feb Sat - Fly to Mumbai; Fort Heritage Walk and evening at Marine Drive/Chowpatty - Overnight Mumbai

9-Feb Sun - Elephanta island - Overnight Mumbai

10-Feb Mon - Fly to Cochin, evening kathakali performance - Overnight Cochin

11-Feb Tue - Cochin sightseeing and shopping - Overnight Cochin

12-Feb Wed - Drive to Munnar - Overnight Munnar

13-Feb Thu - Trek in Munnar - Overnight Munnar

14-Feb Fri - Sightseeing in Munnar - Overnight Munnar

15-Feb Sat - Drive to Alleppey, do the houseboat thing - Overnight Alleppey

16-Feb Sun - Drive to Cochin airport for flight to Goa - Overnight Goa

17-Feb Mon - Goa at leisure - Overnight Goa

18-Feb Tue - Goa at leisure - Overnight Goa

19-Feb Wed - Goa at leisure - Overnight Goa

20-Feb Thu - Goa at leisure, fly to Mumbai - Overnight Mumbai

21-Feb Fri - Mumbai sightseeing (lots to do and see), shopping and fly out late night - End

It's a little different from your original plan, mainly because it has more nights in Mumbai than you wanted. If you want to reduce that, then you can add Thekkady in Kerala instead.

Jaipur
Level Contributor
399 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: India tour

I agree some what with Deepa, but I would not suggest 3 nights in Munnar, instead you can do: Munnar - Allepy - Kovalam - Varkala - Trivandrum and reduce few nights in Mumbai. Also instead of going twice to Mumbai it better to take a hopping flight from Jaipur To Cochin and then after Goa come to Mumbai for a night or two.

Mumbai (Bombay...
Destination Expert
for Mumbai (Bombay), New Delhi, Kochi (Cochin), Chennai (Madras), India
Level Contributor
12,222 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: India tour

Rajasthan_Adventure, I also first thought about that but then I felt that in February since it is winter, the flights from Jaipur may have delays, so I didn't suggest any connecting flights. With fog delays in Delhi, there is a domino effect on Jaipur often. What do you feel, should we suggest Delhi - Jaipur - Agra - Delhi - Cochin? That's the other option.

Edited: 14 October 2013, 05:26
Jaipur
Level Contributor
399 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: India tour

Delhi Agra Jaipur and then flight from Jaipur to Cochin via Mumbai. Feb there is not a problem of Fog. By 15th Jan after the kite festival normally the fog is not there. We have JLF in mid Jan and never faced a problem of Fog during that time, except for early morning flights from Delhi.

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
2,352 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: India tour

Your tour can be as follows, It includes major part of the North India, Kerela & Goa.

01 February: Delhi

02 February: Delhi

03 February: Agra

04 February: Jaipur

05 February: Jaipur

06 February: Pushkar

07 February: Udaipur

08 February: Udaipur

09 February: Udaipur - Flight - Cochin

10 February: Cochin

11 February: Munnar

12 February: Munnar

13 February: Periyar

14 February: Periyar

15 February: Kumarakom

16 February: Allepey

17 February: Cochin - Flight - Goa

18 February: Goa

19 February: Goa

20 February: Goa

21 February: Goa

22 February: Goa - Flight - Tour Ends Here.

Hope that it will cover all the major destinations which you want to visit. If you have any other query then please feel free to ask.

Regards

Arpit

8. Re: India tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2014, 06:20