We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shimla-Manali trip in Feb 2014

Bangladesh
Level Contributor
61 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Shimla-Manali trip in Feb 2014

Attn. Mr. Ashis Roy,

I am planning to visit Shimla and Manali 2nd week of Feb 2014 with my spouse and 02 years old daughter for the 1st time, appreciate if you suggest the route from Howrah/Sealdah by train and what are the cost (approx.) and during of journey to/from Shimla or Manali? What are the places we can visit out there? Basically want to enjoy the snow out there. Appreciate if you suggest us any itinerary.

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
2,351 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shimla-Manali trip in Feb 2014

rather then posting it here, you should have send this message into the inbox of Ashis Roy

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
1,469 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shimla-Manali trip in Feb 2014

Namaste!

You can book a train from Howrah-Kalka & then you can book a taxi-cum-hotel package for Shimla & Manali.

You can spend 1 & 2 day in Shimla.

3 day you can drive from Shimla to Manali.

4 & 5 day you can enjoy in Manali.

6 day you will be dropped to railway station at Kalka.

Bangladesh
Level Contributor
61 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shimla-Manali trip in Feb 2014

Thx....Arpit

VirsaTravels......Thx for the update. How can we get a package for Shimla and Manali? What is the cost for package and train cost?

Thanks/Alex

Edited: 04 December 2013, 09:07
New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
1,469 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shimla-Manali trip in Feb 2014

Please check your Inbox.

Bangladesh
Level Contributor
61 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Shimla-Manali trip in Feb 2014

Hello,

As I am travelling with my spouse and 02 years old daughter, is it wise idea to travel in 1st week of Feb due to cold weather? Is it too risky to go Manali from Shimla? What is the road condition? Some people experienced motion sickness. Hotel need to pre-book or can book upon arrival in Shimla? Need some budget hotel in Shimla and Manali. If need to stay in Kalka to catch next day Toy train then any recommended hotel is there? On return from Manali which is best way (Transportation) to back to Delhi? As I am from Bangladesh, how can I purchase train ticket and is it possible to get ticket once I will be in Kolkata?

Thanks/Alex

6. Re: Shimla-Manali trip in Feb 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 December 2014, 06:19