We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

India at it's best - Itineraries please

Malta
Level Contributor
19 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
India at it's best - Itineraries please

Hi all,

I know it's still very early, but I will be visiting India for 4 weeks next year in December. I have no intention of going down south except for maybe 3 days in Goa to finish the holiday on a beach :)

I am asking for your advice for best itineraries to visit the best possible places in India and experience culture, religion and life changing experiences. I do understand that there are a couple of very tourist places which are not to be missed, but I would also appreciate if you could give me ideas for those 'off the beaten track' places.

I would also like to have time to visit Sikkim and Darjeeling. I hear Sikkim is a very lovely place with Buddhist monasteries and Tibetan culture.

India has always been my dream and now that I am finally preparing to go there, I wont to experience the best of it as much as possible (i understand 4 weeks is a bit).

I look forward for your ideas and help.

Thanks in advance :)

Grand Mumbai Tours
Sightseeing Tours, City Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours
Agra Day Tour Packages
Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, Day Trips, City Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours
Rajasthan Four Wheel Drive Pvt. Ltd.
Sightseeing Tours, City Tours, Bike Tours, Multi-day Tours
Discover India by Car
Sightseeing Tours, Taxis & Shuttles, City Tours, Private Tours, Day Trips
New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
1,470 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: India at it's best - Itineraries please

You can cover these places:

Jodhpur, Jaipur, Agra, Goa, Varansi(These are famous)

For offbeat tracks which can offer you culture & life changing experience:

Amritsar, Vrindavan, Rishikesh, Kalesar.

Each of these are in North except Goa.

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
2,351 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: India at it's best - Itineraries please

YEs Sikkim is a very beautiful place, But I will suggest that if you want you can go to Nepal which will have more Buddhist Culture.

In your tour program you can conver North India and Nepal in about 23 days and then you can go to Goa to relax,

You can also contact www.holidayindiatravels.com or www.indiatravelrajasthan.com or www.unitedindiatravels.com for your tour program. They might can help you.

Malta
Level Contributor
19 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: India at it's best - Itineraries please

Hi, thanks for your help .. Please keep idea coming :)

4. Re: India at it's best - Itineraries please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 December 2014, 05:17