We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary for 2 weeks in India.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
16 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Itinerary for 2 weeks in India.

I will be tavelling with 4pax (all ladies) in early March to India. I need help with my itinerary as i feel i have too many days and not much to see. I have in total 13nights and 14days (not including my 1sr night's stay in bangalore)

My starting point in India is Bangalore (night's stay) and then I'm heading staright to Amritsar for 3nights. I was planning to head down to Chandigarh but theres's nothing much to see there and I'm sure I'll be able to cover it in a day ( Sukhna Lake, Rock Garden, Shopping at Sec 17).

Here's where I could use help. I have about 9nights of which 3nights are for Delhi and 2nights for Bangalore. I still have additional 4nights that i don't know where to go.

I am torn between visiting Shimla or Agra & Jaipur (only 1 of us hasn't been on The Golden Triangle Tour). My friends do not want to drive up to Shimla and I'm finding hard to get info for trains down to Chandigarh from Shimla.

Any advice you guys could offer would be of great help. NO agents or touts plz.

Thank you in advance :)

Kurukshetra, India
Level Contributor
4,803 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Itinerary for 2 weeks in India.

Hi

What is your departure place

Few options are

1 Bikaner, Jodhpur, Jaisalmer

2 Haridwar, Rishikesh, Mussoorrie

3 Manali Kullu

4 Gwalior, Orchha, Jhansi, Khajuraho

5 if u r departing from Bangluru than Pondicherry, Mahabalipuram, Chennai

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
579 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Itinerary for 2 weeks in India.

hmmmm....

Why dont you target South India...

i mean instead of targetting Shimla or Jaipur...

get the 3rd alternative South India...

I mean there are many places to visit....

1. Goa

2. Kerala

3. Kanyakumari

4. Rameshwaram

5. Chennai

6. Tamilnadu

7. Kolkata

8. Mumbai

North east India

7 sisters of North east

West India

Gujrat

a. Ahemdabad

b. Palitana

c. surat etc

If you still want to stick with north India

Then You can book a bus for your drive to shimla

check out www,redbus.in

If i would be at your place, i would have chosen South India

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
2,352 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Itinerary for 2 weeks in India.

As you have already visited Agra and Jaipur so I will suggest that you can explore Shimla, it will be a better destination for you

New Delhi
Level Contributor
3,587 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Itinerary for 2 weeks in India.

Best is Bangalore and golden triangle with Chandigarh and amritsar golden temple.

also you can drive Chandigarh to shimla its just 3-4 hrs driving.

thanks and regards

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
16 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Itinerary for 2 weeks in India.

I'm planning for a year end trip in 2014 for South India. I really wanted to cross over to Lahore for abit of shopping but information is a lil scarce.

6. Re: Itinerary for 2 weeks in India.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 December 2013, 13:03
Coimbatore, India
Destination Expert
for Chennai (Madras), Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, Thekkady
Level Contributor
3,978 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Itinerary for 2 weeks in India.

Hi jamal_travelpartner...

The above post of yours is against TA forum posting guidelines. Please do refer the community guidelines with the link below...

help.tripadvisor.com/articles/200613647

Request you to refrain from self promoting or soliciting and help us i keeping the forums clean.

Regards

Prasanna

Delhi
Level Contributor
721 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Itinerary for 2 weeks in India.

Hi travelandkhana,

Yes you have too many days to explore Indian cultural and natural beauty. I would like to suggest you some must visit places in India which I think required to visit if you want to see the different colors of India like:-

You can book a "Golden Traingle Tour in India". In this tour you will be able to visit the most popular, beautiful and culture rich destinations of India like:-

Destinations: Delhi – Jaipur – Fatehpur Sikri - Agra – Jhansi – Orchha – Khajuraho - Delhi

This is an 8 Days and 7 Nights tour and in this tour you will explore more about India for example India culture, religion, beauty and heritage of India.

I think this tour is best if you want to explore more in very short time.

After this tour you can visit Southern part of India like Goa and Kerala. These destinations are quite popular for their sandy beaches.

Hope this information is helpful for you to make your journey memorable and enjoyable.

agra india
Destination Expert
for Agra, Jaipur, New Delhi
Level Contributor
7,635 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Itinerary for 2 weeks in India.

Three days in Amritsar is too much. From Amritsar you can go to Dharamshala, Shimla and then to Chandigarh. In Rajasthan you can visit places like Udaipur, Jodhpur, Bikaner, Jaisalmer.

deepak

Nagpur, India
Level Contributor
55 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Itinerary for 2 weeks in India.

Hi

If you plan to visit Agra,Gwalior, Orchha, Jhansi, Datia I can help you as Gwalior is my home town. And all these places I visited.

In MP apart from above place you can viisit Khajuraho, Sanchi Stupa, MANDU there are more places in MP.

You will required at least 5 days to visit all these places in MP for more information visit http://www.mptourism.com/web/home.aspx