We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Golden Triangle

Surrey, UK
Level Contributor
17 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Golden Triangle

Hi all,

My husband and I are thinking of planning a holiday later in the year to India to do the 'Golden Triangle' and then on to Kerala. Can anyone recommend a good tour operator either in the UK or India that won't charge thousands of pounds unlike many UK tour operators! Bareing in mind the flights alone will probably cost us around £600 each we'd like to not spend an absolute fortune on the holiday itself, although we are willing to spend a modest amount for peace of mind and good 3 to 4 star hotels.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Kirsty

Gloucestershire
Level Contributor
174 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Golden Triangle

Hi Kirsty!

That is exciting you are planning a trip to India, my advice is don't think about it - do it! You will not be disappointed, I had an amazing time! I went last month and did the Golden Triangle, I was a female travelling on my own and was pretty nervous as I've never been to somewhere like India on my own! I did a lot of research into guided tours, as they are definitely the best idea as India is so chaotic and I came across Adventure Holiday Tours run by Tarun Sharma and his Dad. I contacted Tarun and he offered me a very reasonable price (I was on a budget too!) and he booked all my hotels and arranged everything for me (even though if you prefer you can book your own accommodation)! I had a fantastic experience with them and would highly recommend this company!

If you have any questions about planning your trip, or about the tour, please feel free to message me - I know how much of a daunting task it can be to organise and I can offer a foreigners prospective on it all!

Good luck! :-)

Surrey, UK
Level Contributor
17 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Golden Triangle

Hiya,

Thanks for your message!

I will look them up thanks! I did find www.goldentriangletourindia.com but the reviews weren't that great on here, although their prices are fantastic for 4 to 5 star hotels!!

We have been to India before, well Goa and we loved it, but this time we have said we'd like to be more adventurous and see the 'real' india, seeing the Taj Mahal and the Red city in Jaipur has been on the top of my list for a long time! We did think of going back to Goa (we went in 2006) but we've heard so many lovely thing about Kerala I think we will finish our tour with a week there instead, have you been to Kerala?

Kirsty :0)

West Yorks
Level Contributor
821 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Golden Triangle

Have you considered booking the flights and hotels yourself? It is very easy to do and you get to choose your own hotels, plus you will save a lot of money.

TA is great for choosing hotels.

I did the Golden Triangle (plus Varanasi), then got an internal flight from Jaipur to Kerala.

4. Re: Golden Triangle

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 07 March 2014, 04:35
Gloucestershire
Level Contributor
174 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Golden Triangle

Hi Kirsty,

Not a problem! Yes it is always good to check the reviews on trip advisor, that is how I chose to travel with Adventure Holiday Tours! :-) The Taj Mahal and Jaipur are definitely a big must, I thought maybe the Taj Mahal wouldn't live up to the hype - but it exceeded my expectations!

I'm afraid I haven't been to Kerala - but I always think it is nicer visiting and experiencing new places seeing you've already been to Goa! Good luck with the planning!

Becky

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
2,352 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Golden Triangle

There are lots of tour operators who can organize this tour for your, may be you can search some operators here

7. Re: Golden Triangle

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 March 2014, 14:29
Edited: 05 March 2014, 14:29
8. Re: Golden Triangle

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 September 2014, 12:35
9. Re: Golden Triangle

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

Removed on: 22 September 2014, 12:35
Nashua, New...
Level Contributor
6 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Golden Triangle

I recommend Intense India Tours for your trip to India. We did the Rajasthan tour last November and it was wonderful. Anil took very good care of us and Ram was an excellent driver. You won't ve disappointed. We thoroughly enjoyed our 2 week stay in India.