We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3-4 Weeks for India??

Vancouver, Canada
1 post
Save Topic
3-4 Weeks for India??

Hi everyone!

I'm going to India in November (long ways away but I'm too excited to wait to plan haha) I have a big trip ahead of me so I can only allocate 3-4 weeks (MAX) to do everything. If anyone has any suggested routes, itineraries, or MUST sees that would really help!

I plan to fly in to Mumbai and ending this portion of the trip by going to Nepal. Any advice on how to incorporate Camel riding, Kerala, Taj Mahal, Madurai, Ajanta Caves, and Delhi would be SO appreciated, thank you!! (Plus any places I haven't mentioned that you think would be amazing and doable would be super helpful too!)

Thank you!

Tiruchirappalli...
Level Contributor
1,268 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3-4 Weeks for India??

4 weeks you can visit important places in south or north and leave the rest to other trip in future to india.

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
1,923 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 3-4 Weeks for India??

Hi,

I assume you have 4 weeks time to spend in India.

Arrive in Mumbai 1 day and night to beat your jet lag and 2 days and 1 night sufficient to cover Mumbai.

Fly to Aurangabad or take overnight train (advance booking on line irctc.co.in - Please buy A/C first class or A/C two tier to ensure comfort) 2 nights and 3 days are enough.

Fly to Goa - spend 3 nights and 4 days.

Take a train to Hampi - Fabulous sight seeing. You can cover nearby Badami, Aihole also by hiring a local taxi. 3 nights and 4 days would be ok.

Overnight Volvo A/C Luxury coach/bus to Bangalore and fly to Cochin.

Spend a full week in Kerala. Fly from Trivandrum to Udaipur (3 nights) or take a bus or train from Trivandrum to Madurai and thereafter arrive in Chennai to take a flight to Udaipur.

Hire a car or travel by train or Volvo bus and visit Jodhpur 1 night and 2 days

Jaisalmer 2 nights and 3 days

Bikaner 1 night

Jaipur 2 or 3 nights

Agra 1 night - Orchcha 1 night

New delhi - 2 nights and 3 days

Fly to Khajuraho - 1 night and 2 days

Fly to Varanasi - 2 or 3 nights

Direct flight to Kathmandu, Nepal from Varanasi.

It is more than 4 weeks. You may drop few places to fit it into your time frame.

Have wonderful time.

Sanjiv

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
111 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 3-4 Weeks for India??

You are interested in visiting South India so you can include, Cochin, Munnar, Periyar and Kovalam in your tour program

4. Re: 3-4 Weeks for India??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 January 2015, 05:18