We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Explore India Via Group Tour or Solo?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Explore India Via Group Tour or Solo?

Hi India Lovers and Enthusiasts!

I'm planning a two week trip to India this coming October—hopefully during Diwali. I'm conflicted if I should book a pre-planned group tour (via On the Go Tours or Gate1 Tours) or go solo?

There are two things I'm specifically seeking on this trip: 1. I want to experience culture up close and connect with people without being tied to a tight itinerary overloaded with touristy-hangout spots. And 2. I want see several monuments and important places. A nice balance is needed!

In all, I'd like to travel the Golden Triangle and Varanasi in a 12-14 day time period. Since I'm looking to hit the major marks in all cities AND spend quality time wandering around seeing how people really live, shopping and eating etc., which option would be best? I'd be traveling alone as well.

If anyone has ever done a trip to India solo or on an AMAZING group tour, tell me all about it!

Best,

A Fellow Traveler

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Explore India Via Group Tour or Solo?

I'd also like to potentially throw in Goa for about 2 days of beach fun before heading out. Thoughts?

2. Re: Explore India Via Group Tour or Solo?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 February 2014, 13:02
New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
1,458 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Explore India Via Group Tour or Solo?

Namaste!

Travelling solo will give you more flexibility.

You can do the following tour:

Delhi(2Nights)-Agra(1N)-Jaipur(2N)-Jodhpur(2N)-Udaipur(2N)-Varanasi(2N)-Goa(3N)

Hope this helps. :)

Haridwar, India
Level Contributor
119 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Explore India Via Group Tour or Solo?

India can be an amazing adventure and yet an alien place even for travelling Indians.

You can explore all our culture and places in a group and solo as well. If you are new to travelling and specially if this is your first time in India, it is suggested that you be a part of the group so that in case of any trouble, you can easily reach out for help.

However, if like many of us here, travelling India is your own journey inwards, travel solo and we promise you can adventure of a life time!

Hope you have a wonderful stay here...

jaipur
Level Contributor
103 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Explore India Via Group Tour or Solo?

Hi

I think travel solo will be more flexible then travel in group

while travelling alone you can go according to your taste oterwise with group you cant do what you want to see

shyam

6. Re: Explore India Via Group Tour or Solo?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 February 2015, 05:20